The vB Geek

The vB Geek (http://www.thevbgeek.com/index.php)
-   Geek Article and Review System (http://www.thevbgeek.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   GARS RC1 discussion (http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=448)

The Geek 11-06-2005 02:27 PM

GARS RC1 discussion

Please do not post errors in this thread. Start a new thread in the troubleshooting forum for that.

This thread is to discuss the release of GARS RC1.

What does RC1 do?
  • Fixes all known issues
  • Finalizes GAL integration
  • Finalizes Review system (for the most part)
Whats left to do?
  • Eliminate any new found bugs
  • Phrase
  • Document
  • Tidy up some unused code
To upgrade
  • Download the latest package
  • Upload the contents from the upload/forums folder overwriting any existing files
  • Import product-gars.xml into your product manager (overwriting previous install).
  • If using GAL integration, ensure you have the latest GAL installed (4.6)
  • Go into admincp->templates and delete the Showthread (I removed it from install as its basically the same as your default!)
  • Check the types for any new options.
nJoy

PaintSplasher 11-06-2005 02:30 PM

Yeaha !!

I´m the first !!!:D

Now it´s time for lot of tests;)

The Geek 11-06-2005 03:18 PM

I just updated the package (really only the gars_class_core.php file) to avoid the 2 template edits I mentioned before. Now its done automatically without the previous template edits to newreply and editpost.

vBSEO 11-06-2005 03:46 PM

Amazing product from an amazing person. Downloading now ;)

w00t 11-06-2005 05:05 PM

Hello Geek

Thanks for the email ;) as you know I am very keen on this but hold reservations due to having limited knowledge:(

Again, thanks for your great work, in your opinion would you say that this version would be suitable for some one such as myself, or is it still for advanced users?

Thanks ;)

The Geek 11-06-2005 05:09 PM

Personally I think its pretty much ready to go. Only items outstanding are phrasing (99% of the templates already are phrased) and documentation.

Couple that with the fact I emailed all users 3 hours ago and there has been a pretty constant buzz on the site since then with people downloading and I have yet to see a bug reported (knock on wood). Thats always a good sign as the most frequent bug reports are directly after a release.

Anyhooo... I say go for it. If you're still cautious then hold off until RC2. At this stage I may even skip that :)

eko 11-06-2005 05:30 PM

thanks for the email geek :) installing now its funny the small things in life that get you excited :)

cclaerhout 11-06-2005 05:39 PM

Great !
Shoud i begin french translation now ? :D

Rebecca 11-06-2005 07:15 PM

This is beautiful! I can't wait to play around with the features and get everything set up. Thanks for all your hard work! :)

Rebecca

gruchacz 11-07-2005 06:22 AM

nice work..... installed without any problems.