The vB Geek

The vB Geek (http://www.thevbgeek.com/index.php)
-   Geek Article and Review System (http://www.thevbgeek.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   GARS 2.1.7 Release discussion (http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=3086)

The Geek 04-16-2007 12:46 PM

GARS 2.1.7 Release discussion

GARS 2.1.7 is a maintenance release for the 2.1 branch to address open bugs.

To upgrade from a previous version:
  1. Download the latest package from the download section
  2. Unpack and upload the contents of the forums folder into your forums directory (overwriting existing files).
  3. Import the product-gars.xml file into your product manager (choosing the overwrite option)
  4. Rebuild your custom field phrases (admincp->gars->tools)
  5. If you have any GARS add ons (i.e. the release or link directory) then you will need to re-import the add on xml files vie GARS add on importer. Please note that you should choose the option for 'phrases and templates only' when upgrading
Please leave this thread for the discussion of GARS 2.1.7
Bugs should be posted in the tracker and create new threads in this forum for troubleshooting.

*edit 21.4.07

I have uploaded a new geek/gars/includes/gars_admin_ratings.php into the 2.1.7b package to address errors with some configurations deleting threads. Please note that I could not reproduce the problem, however I worked with a user that could and I think we have it sussed now. If you are not seeing the problem, I wouldnt bother updating. If you do see the problem, it may be worth downloading the 2.1.7b package and replacing your geek/gars/includes/gars_admin_ratings.php with the one found in the package (no other updating is needed if you are on 2.1.7).

*edit 11.5.07

I have uploaded new files to the 2.1.7 package to address some errors with some custom fields. Note that the product xml hasnt changed since 2.1.7b so if upgrading, you only need to replace the files. Read more here

nJoy

Tigratrus 04-17-2007 01:38 AM

Had an error importing the xml on our testbed?

Keeping in mind that the testbed is new (just finished setting it up today) and it's on an IIS rather than apache on a Windows VPS I got the following error during the xml import:

end 2.1.400

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\site.com\httpdocs\forums\include s\class_core.php on line 657

Not sure if that's helpful or not, but hey, it's feedback eh?

James and Susan

ProGaming 04-17-2007 03:26 AM

Updated perfectly. The bug I submitted is fixed.

Thanks a bunch geek.

Hornstar6969 04-17-2007 05:44 AM

Updated fine. imported links mod fine. everything seems good ^^

The Geek 04-17-2007 06:34 AM

Tig - can you increase the script execution time? The product importer for gars is getting mamouth now so I suspect that is the woe :(

ant0nio 04-17-2007 11:04 AM

Dang! I get this error when I delete a thread!

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /geek/gars/includes/gars_admin_ratings.php on line 381

How do I fix this???

The Geek 04-17-2007 11:37 AM

I havent been able to reproduce it here or on a local test server yet, but Ill log into your system and see if I can get to the bottom of it.

Tigratrus 04-17-2007 03:19 PM

Yup. That was it... Wow, it took a LONG time before it got to the page where you see the actual progress. Just an FYI for anyone else seeing the same problem, the script time out is set in the php.ini file in the Windows directory on a generic install of php running under IIS. Search for "max_execution_time =" in the php.ini file and you should be able to simply update the number there to the number of seconds you want the timeout to be. I'd recommend at *least* 90-120 before running this update, it took a loooong time. But it *did* run flawlessly! And that's what counts...

We'll play with it a bit on the test server and then give it a shot on our live server. Thanks Geek!

[edit]had to update the database anyway so I timed it during the update, the whole process took just over 2 minutes, and don't worry if you're looking a a blank white screen for quite a while, just let it go even if it doesn't look like it's doing anything. It got there... As long as your server lets it run it's course ;).[/edit]

James and Susan

MrD 04-18-2007 09:25 PM

Hi,
Quote:

Originally Posted by ant0nio (Post 18044)
Dang! I get this error when I delete a thread!

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /geek/gars/includes/gars_admin_ratings.php on line 381

How do I fix this???

it is the Same Problem in the GARS 2.1.6 Discussion Thread.
You find a way to fix it in this.

ant0nio 04-19-2007 07:58 AM

Same problem...damn I was afraid of this. Hopefully there's a fix.