The vB Geek

The vB Geek (http://www.thevbgeek.com/index.php)
-   Tutorials (http://www.thevbgeek.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   GAB on vBAdvanced CMPS (http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=363)

gldtn 12-11-2005 02:50 AM

For the image not showing I forgot to mention to geek that he put a space into the code(don't rember if it was in a template or a one of the inc files) causing that "%200" to appear and not reading from the correct dir.

I'll try to check this out for you when I have more time and if Geek can't find it first ;)

l8r ;)

rose 12-11-2005 03:01 AM

please do asap, its something with browzers. i'm on Osx and I think the problem is there. Geek knows about it and right know I gave up till its fixed :(

gldtn 12-11-2005 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rose
please do asap, its something with browzers. i'm on Osx and I think the problem is there. Geek knows about it and right know I gave up till its fixed :(

I remember it now..

Login to admincp

Open the Styles & Templates menu
click on Search in Templates
Search for this text: "$GAB_settings[url_to_banners] $ad[imgpath]"
In the the GAB templates that has that in it replace it with "$GAB_settings[url_to_banners]$ad[imgpath]"(Notice there is no space between $GAB_settings[url_to_banners] and $ad[imgpath])

That works for me!

rose 12-11-2005 01:39 PM

No matches found :| Looks like he fixed that already ?

Appreciate y're help anyway :-)

Nikke 12-25-2005 10:35 PM

Is this working to everybody? I can't atleast get it to work vith vBadvanced...

The Geek 01-05-2006 09:36 PM

If you are getting %200 in the code, its because you have a space trailing one of your path settings. THIS IS VERY COMMON ;)

Just double check if you are getting any broken images.

rose 01-05-2006 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rose

Still nothing new ? :cool:

The Geek 01-05-2006 10:28 PM

Sorry Rose... With what specifically?

Spaces in the URL are because of spaces in the paths.

rose 01-05-2006 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gldtn
I remember it now..

Login to admincp

Open the Styles & Templates menu
click on Search in Templates
Search for this text: "$GAB_settings[url_to_banners] $ad[imgpath]"
In the the GAB templates that has that in it replace it with "$GAB_settings[url_to_banners]$ad[imgpath]"(Notice there is no space between $GAB_settings[url_to_banners] and $ad[imgpath])

That works for me!

This part, did you fix that ? I've been looking my ass off and gave up ;)

The Geek 01-06-2006 09:12 AM

er, not sure. That quote seems to imply that there is a space between those variables - which there isnt (however maybe there was at one time - but I dont recall when).

If youre getting a space, broken image url or a %20 or %200 in your image url - I would bet my left buttock that there is a leading or trailing space in your path settings.

However, saying that - maybe there is something else we were discussing before that I just cant recall. What exactly is the pain you are running into?