The vB Geek

The vB Geek (http://www.thevbgeek.com/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.thevbgeek.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   GAZ v.2.0.1 Released (http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=4332)

Morgan 05-30-2008 09:54 PM

GAZ v.2.0.1 Released

GAZ v.2.0.1 has been released.

The following issues were addressed:
  • Link for unsubscribe fixed
  • ACP tracking * versus ~ fixed
  • ACP subscriptions search fixed
  • Ability to delete module added
  • Guest newsletter space removed
  • Extra comma in navbar removed

The following templates were changed:
  • gaz_html_footer
  • gaz_text_footer
  • gaz_issue_browser_main

To upgrade from v.2.0.0 do the following:
  • Revert the three templates listed above, if changed from their originals, or see below for how to manually make the changes
  • Re-FTP all the PHP files into their corresponding directories on the server, overwriting the old PHP files
  • Re-import the product-gaz.xml file via the ACP - do not uninstall, do allow overwrite

Manually updating the templates:
  • gaz_html_footer - change the if-block for the unsubscribe link to the following:
    Code:

<if condition="$show['unsubscribe']">
    <div class="smallfont"<if condition="$stylecss[smallfont]"> style="$stylecss[smallfont]"</if> align="center">
            <a href="$vboptions[bburl]/$settings[scriptname].php?do=unsubscribe&amp;u=$user[userid]&amp;h=$user[unsubscribehash]&amp;n=$newsletterid">$vbphrase[gaz_unsubscribe_to_newsletter]</a>
    </div>
    <br />
    </if>

• gaz_text_footer - change the if-block for the unsubscribe link to the following:
    Code:

<if condition="$show['unsubscribe']">
    $vbphrase[gaz_unsubscribe_to_newsletter] ($vboptions[bburl]/$settings[scriptname].php?do=unsubscribe&amp;u=$user[userid]&amp;h=$user[unsubscribehash]&amp;n=$newsletterid)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    </if>

• gaz_issue_browser_main - add the bits in red - scroll the box to see all the bits:
    Code:

<if condition="$show[subscription_toggle]"><td class="vbmenu_control" nowrap="nowrap" id="subscription_toggle">$show[subscription_toggle]</td></if>

KenDude 05-31-2008 02:34 AM

Morgan,

Since I have customized templates as you know, if I manually edit the templates do I still need to copy all of the .php files up to the server and overwrite and what about the reimporting of the xml file?

Morgan 05-31-2008 02:55 AM

You need to...
  1. Revert, if changed, or manually edit the templates
  2. Re-FTP all of the PHP files into their directories
  3. Re-import the product-gaz.xml file via the ACP

Hornstar6969 06-05-2008 07:20 AM

Update went fine. will test it out again this weekend and will see if any problems arise. thanks.

Hornstar6969 09-24-2008 01:35 AM

In the download manager it says the latest version available is 2.0.2 but I cant find an announcement for 2.0.2
Am I missing something?

Morgan 09-25-2008 01:14 AM

Nope, 2.0.2 is a bug fix release based on whatever popped up in the GAZ forum. As soon as there is a bug fix, it gets applied to the download package, and the "last updated" date changes. If you want to upgrade, FTP the files and re-import the product-gaz.xml file via the ACP (do not uninstall, do allow overwrite).

zeuxxx 10-05-2008 12:26 PM

I think next events module must have in gaz :cool:

Globe 07-11-2010 08:12 PM

will gaz be releaset in the next time for vb 4.0 after that i can buy it :D