The vB Geek

The vB Geek (http://www.thevbgeek.com/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://www.thevbgeek.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   GARS RC3 Released (http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=728)

The Geek 12-13-2005 08:08 PM

GARS RC3 Released

GARS - The mega cool Content Management Solution for vBulletin is now so freaking close I can taste it. In fact, I'm sitting here eating print out of the code as I type.

Right. RC3 is now uploaded to the download section for license holders.

Discuss the release here

TheComputerGuy 12-19-2005 03:03 PM

congrats, cant wait!

glowinggal 12-21-2005 05:27 PM

great thing coming... one ?

how flexible will this be to implement into our current site design? I'd like to continue using our current site design as closely as possible but LOVE THE CONCEPT of this as I have a lot of my team that needs and would LOVE to update things on their own without my helps :)

The Geek 12-21-2005 05:31 PM

If you are running off of vB's template system than you really have nothing to do in that department as its all pretty much done for you.

All templates and layouts come with the system and are installed when you install the product.

In a nutshell you could transform your specific forums in all of about 20 seconds :)

HTHs

pashnit 12-21-2005 05:41 PM

Fixing headers so it doesn't look so boring can be a pain though. :)

jluerken 12-27-2005 07:02 AM

Well, what about the final release now?
I know that we had christmas but I hope that we get a final version before end of the year. :confused:

Lizard King 12-27-2005 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jluerken
Well, what about the final release now?
I know that we had christmas but I hope that we get a final version before end of the year. :confused:

Rc3d is also working pretty good why are you rushing ;)

The Geek 12-27-2005 10:12 AM

Yea, holidays have been manic. Im just squeezing a bit of catch up time before another plethora of people come around to the house today :|

As fars as im concerned, RC3d is the final project except for a few small issues and a lot of readme to write :)

MrGeeK 01-04-2006 08:28 AM

Booogs

Sorry to be a pain, but only just found these...

Using RC3...

1. If a "review" (article) is posted and all review rankings are set to n/a then you get "
Warning: Division by zero in /geek/gars/includes/gars_class_core.php on line 375" output on every view of that article.

2. At times (still trying to track it down exactly the reproducable setup) when editing articles, strange results have occurred, an article posted by me on behalf of another user went from being owned by him to owned by me when he tried to edit it. I did some editing/merging on another article and the article became the first reply to the article and the first reply became the article.

Other than that, love it!

The Geek 01-04-2006 04:18 PM

The merging problem most likely occured because the merged threadhas an older date (Im guessing)
Not sure about the other issues (ill test the division by 0 error though I think I have sorted this one out for gold).

Let me know!