The vB Geek

The vB Geek (http://www.thevbgeek.com/index.php)
-   Geek Auto-Linker (http://www.thevbgeek.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Popup Window location - How do you adjust its location? (http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=3226)

KevinsWorld 05-17-2007 11:04 PM

Popup Window location - How do you adjust its location?

How do you adjust the popup window location? Ours is too close to the hyperlink so we want to move it down 5 pixels or so. I don't see this in the styles section. It seems I can adjust the padding of text inside the popup but not the popup itself? I'm guessing this is buried somewhere else.

Thanks for your help and great product!

The Geek 05-18-2007 07:56 AM

Check the category settings :)

HTHs!

KevinsWorld 05-18-2007 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Geek (Post 18877)
Check the category settings :)

HTHs!

Thanks for the tip but when I tried it then it seemed to have the opposite affect of what I expected. Setting it from 1 to the max allowed, 10PX, moved the popup box up and over the link behind it even more. I would like to be able to move that box down so the link is more visible. Essentially the same spacing that is used in IE or Firefox for rollovers is perfect. I'll be happy to provide a screenshot if that will help. It's almost like it needs a negative offset to keep the window from overlaying the link.

Thanks,
Kevin

The Geek 05-18-2007 07:49 PM

please do provide a screen so I can see :)

KevinsWorld 05-22-2007 06:14 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here's some screenshots:

#1 is the default of 1px and the link name is "promo". It cuts off the bottom edge of the link just slightly so I thought it would be nice to be able to move the box downward per suggestions from my membership.

#2 is what happens when I set the Category setting to 10px. The link is completely obscured

#3 - Here is a sample of what I'd like to acheive which is the standard rollover "Title" tag mechanism in HTML where the rollover text from the line just above it is nicely placed below it... of course you can't see my mouse cursor as the screen capture program ignores it.

Kevin

The Geek 05-22-2007 06:17 PM

does it look any different in firefox?

KevinsWorld 05-22-2007 07:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Actually it is worse in Firefox with the 1px setting which is what caught my eye originally. Here the 1px default screen shot from Firefox 2.0.0.3.. The 10px setting totally obscures the link. The previous photos for GAL were from IE 6.0.

Kevin

The Geek 05-22-2007 08:55 PM

wow. Do me a favour and edit geek/gal/clientscript/gal_popup.js and change these settings:
PHP Code:

if (is_ie)
    {

toppx   += 15;
    }
    else
    {

toppx   +=12;
    } 

To find what fits best. They are offsets. Simply increase/decrese them to get the right feel to hold you over till I can get 6.0 released.

Let me know if I can help

bob 05-28-2007 09:23 PM

Kevin, what did you change it to? I used:

PHP Code:

if (is_ie)
    {

toppx   +=19;
    }
    else
    {

toppx   +=19;
    } 

on my forum, and that looks pretty good.