The vB Geek

The vB Geek (http://www.thevbgeek.com/index.php)
-   Geek Article and Review System (http://www.thevbgeek.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   vB 3.7 and GARS (http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=3679)

jluerken 11-26-2007 12:48 PM

vB 3.7 and GARS

Hi,

today the official vB forum will update to version 3.7.
When I understand the list of new features correctly this update will change a lot of the actual basic vB code and templates.

I hope that we can test an early beta with GARS to find out if the new version will kill a GARS installation before people here start to update and loose data.

So whoever can participate in the beta program, it would be nice to give info here.

I really keep my fingers crossed that GARS will still work with vb 3.7 otherwise I will have a real problem if Geek will not return before :(

nymyth 11-26-2007 04:27 PM

yeah i hope so too....

Peace

sev3n 11-26-2007 08:26 PM

Same problem here :(

Lizard King 11-27-2007 01:57 AM

Everyone will have a chance to test the beta when it will be made avaible for customers. I think that the core files for forumdisplay and showthread are not changed and i guess GARS will work.

Otherwise we , Gars Community , have to find a workaround.

Kaelon 11-28-2007 02:50 AM

Are there any plans to release GARS to the general vB community?

-=BFC=-Tekram 11-28-2007 12:46 PM

No support here , no domain change nothing, fuck up here

henrikhansen 11-28-2007 01:38 PM

I have to agree, this site looks very, very abandoned by developer.

Hornstar6969 11-28-2007 03:55 PM

I have now disabled all my installations of the geek software until they are supported again, it was a shame to see them go.

Lizard King 11-28-2007 09:04 PM

Sam is away , he mentioned that he will be away. He decided that it will be best for the scripts to release at vb.org and everybody who posted this thread including me opposed that idea. We all said : Go handle your personal business , we donot need any support , the community can handle the things.

And just one - two month later all you guys changed your minds and start complaining. It's shame on your sides.

There are lots of people who can asist each other and get Gars working for 3.7 if needed. I am ready to throw my exprience if needed and i'm sure it will not be hard to prepare a team to do that.

I will never uninstall Gars as soon as i can handle the needed quick fixes. If i can't i am ready to hire someone to fix this cause Gars is major part of my site.

Tigratrus 11-29-2007 01:59 AM

Someone we all wish well mentioned on another site that there may be some info (hopefully positive) coming on the fate of the vbgeek products soon.

And I agree with LK... Geek was all set to release his products on vb.org and the vast majority of us (myself included) asked him not to. Sam acted in a highly responsible manner, he was honest and clear about the situation, and knowing how much trouble folks can get into installing mods without support I totally understand his choices. Geek's stuff is freaking great, but it *does* take a while to get your head wrapped around the way things work sometimes...

::shrug::

To everyone claiming that he's abandoned the site, cut the man some slack. The development and support he provided here was a HUGE investment in time, and he had to refocus that time into saving the business that supports his family. He made the right (only really) choice, and I have total confidance that he'll do the best he can for his customers, as time permits.

James and Susan