The vB Geek

The vB Geek (http://www.thevbgeek.com/index.php)
-   Geek Advertising Banner System (http://www.thevbgeek.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   is the ads System going to be Free? (http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=227)

Walim 09-28-2005 04:04 PM

is the ads System going to be Free?

i'm not sure even if it was paid i will pay for it as long as we can make money from it :D ..

The Geek 09-28-2005 04:14 PM

It wont be Free, but then again nothing around these parts exactly breaks the bank ;)

Michael 09-28-2005 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Geek
It wont be Free, but then again nothing around these parts exactly breaks the bank ;)

coughVBSEOcough
*Wait a minute i bought that :eek: *

I'd agree, but also i am all for it, at least this encourages coders like yourself to generate more professional products which you would see suitable for use for private, paying consumers

The Geek 09-28-2005 04:31 PM

vBSEO isnt free? How the hell do they keep asking for Beta testers over at vb.org? I essentially did the same and was chased out by the mods as the final product was going to be commercial!

Guess Im not too overly bothered. I just hate double standards :)

Michael 09-28-2005 05:09 PM

Quote:

vBSEO isnt free? How the hell do they keep asking for Beta testers over at vb.org? I essentially did the same and was chased out by the mods as the final product was going to be commercial!

Guess Im not too overly bothered. I just hate double standards :)

Sorry but you said that most modifications dont break the bank. Yet considering vBSEO has a price tag of $145 which is more than the license for vBulletin itself you could say it is overpriced. No offense but probally vb.org where intending on implementing the SEO hack on their forums and therefore give it preferential treatment towards it; in comparison to yours which they may not have wanted to run.

Anyway getting in the politics of administrative prejudice isnt on my schedule today.:rolleyes:

The Geek 09-28-2005 05:29 PM

Quote:

Anyway getting in the politics of administrative prejudice isnt on my schedule today.:rolleyes:
Ditto.

I doubt they would impliment an SEO re-write. Most likely reason is that they arent 100% sure that it is commercial.

What I meant about breaking the bank is that none of my work could be classed as expensive by any means. There are plenty of projects out there that are rather costly though.

Saying that - I wouldnt be adverse to paying that much for a well written, efficient mod rewrite (as long as I could get it brand free) ;)

Brad 09-29-2005 01:30 AM

What is the ETA of the ads system for 3.5?

Since 3.5 Gold came out today I'm in the process of planning the upgrade and the GAB system is a major part of our forum. I'm not really interested in phpadsnew, I want something that integrates into vB. :)

I'd be buying the ads system as well as GARS.

Gracias gents.

The Geek 09-29-2005 10:13 AM

Ill be looking at trying to get an early beta out this weekend if you need it urgently.

Michael 09-29-2005 03:29 PM

Quote:

What I meant about breaking the bank is that none of my work could be classed as expensive by any means. There are plenty of projects out there that are rather costly though.

So something around the value of perhaps $20? Similar to that of a commerical skin so to speak?

Quote:

Saying that - I wouldnt be adverse to paying that much for a well written, efficient mod rewrite (as long as I could get it brand free) ;)
I do find it a little unneccessary to implement a linkback back to VBSEO.com on every single page, especially considering how the price really should be inclusive of some form of branding free. Perhaps within time they will eventually consider a welcome price break or making it completely brand free.

Anyway, i would also appreciate a release of GAB/GUSH/GARS for 3.5 soon for me personally gives the updating process that little bit of added incentive. But i wouldnt want to see a dim in the projected quality for the modifications in a ditch attempt to release the modification too soon.

The Geek 09-29-2005 03:58 PM

As it is right now, an installer would need to be written and a couple tweaks and it would be pretty much ready for an early beta.