PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a dedicated

Lizard King
01-12-2006, 04:36 PM
I have my hosting at asmallorange.com and i love their support and everything but my site cannot handle a shared hosting anymore. I believe it is time for me to move on a dedicated server.
I have a budget between 80-125$ for each month. My main 2 concerns are support and liability.
I have couple major hacks installed on my board which maybe effective also.
vbadvanced cmps , vbseo , photopost vbgallery , geek article system , geek auto link and etc.

I start searcing around but i know every hosting company calls them perfect company The best way to find a good hosting is asking friends.

I found a company called Sevstra (http://www.servstra.com/servers/index.html) which has affordable plans. Does any one have ever worked with them or have any idea of their support and liability ?
Can you recommend me any other company ?

Thanks in advance

Kingster
01-12-2006, 05:54 PM
While I know nothing about Sevstra, I do know what I have experienced in my days of dedicated hosting...

I've tried several, but I always end up coming back to EV1Servers (www.ev1servers.net). They have an absolutely top-notch support team, and have multihomed (with big circuits) datacenters. When I have experienced downtime, it was my fault - not theirs. If you are only running your one site, then I would expect one of the value series Celerons would fill your bill, and while it is at the high end of your
budget (though if you don't get a control panel, it's cheaper), you'll definitely get good support from them for problems as well as a good set of forums for support too.

That being said, what do you mean by liability?

Lizard King
01-12-2006, 06:19 PM
That being said, what do you mean by liability?

I want a company that is mainly focused on their business. Lots of people are renting and hiring servers for others which i never trust.

alex2k
01-13-2006, 12:13 AM
How about www.layeredtech.com ?
I have several servers there ;)

Barry
01-13-2006, 12:20 AM
Ill second Ev1servers. I have 3 servers with them right now, 2 Duel Xeon 2.4ghz and a P4. Been with them for 4 years now and not had a single problem due to them. All downtime has been my own fault.. :)

Great service and support.

Lizard King
01-13-2006, 12:24 AM
How about www.layeredtech.com ?
I have several servers there ;)
I heard about them also and i even get in touch with them but they offer unmanaged servers which made me to choose another company. I purchased from www.ahosting.biz . the price is quite good for a full managed server. for 110$ i get p4 2.8 512 ram 80 gb hdd 10 mb/ps uplink cpanel and whm also included. i dont want to spend time with server administration hack even if i want i don't have time. Also my site is non profit i don't want to spend a lot more to it.

Synth
01-13-2006, 09:38 PM
Looks like 1and1 (http://www.1and1.com)has some good prices.