PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading from vBulletin 3.03

Robert
12-29-2005, 06:35 AM
I have a heavily patched and hacked forum that I'll be upgrading to 3.52 shortly and need to know how to do this in regard to GAS which is currently installed. I'm reviewing the 3.52 upgrade notes & threads and I saw a recommendation to duplicate the 3.0x database, remove hacks from the database, run the upgrade script and then add my updated for 3.5 hacks back. Should I follow this path, or remove all hacks except for GAS, or is there a third path? I just purchased this updated version and I'm sure looking forward to using it. Please advise. Thanks!

Lizard King
12-29-2005, 07:28 AM
It is up to you you can follow any way you want. I had gas with 3.0.x and used regular vBulletin upgrade instance of impex. And it worked pretty good with me. I cleaned up unnecessary vBulletin settings using debug mod and keep all my previous hacks tables in my database so i wont loose any information.

The Geek
12-29-2005, 10:39 AM
Yea, you are pretty safe to do a standard vb upgrade - however you will more than likely lose your article header images and bylines. If thats massive, I could help on a script that would transport them to GARS - but it may take a little while :)

Lizard King
12-29-2005, 01:17 PM
exatly no :) you will not loose your pictures :P i found a solution for that hehe
i leaved the header images where it was and they are working pretty good :) but yes a script will be a better option ;)