PDA

View Full Version : ShaCkeR module for Gars

acers
12-24-2005, 03:29 AM
UPDATED FOR LATEST GARS VERSION

Ok here we go.
what this module will do is transform your remote image storage into attachment like storage. These days everyone hosts screens, images on imageshack, supload or other remote image host providers.

Obviously saving BW. But the prob is that if you have the kinda images you think are unique or are just the kind you want only registered members to see, you have a problem. Cos all these images you store are completely visible for all.

Here is where ShaCkeR will help you.

1) It will first up give your users a proper box for entering and dumping all your thumb codes. Whats more it will to a large extent(though not completely) ensure that they enter the thumbs only and not full sized images or bad codes. If they do enter something like that, it will be ignored

2) It will give you the admin, power to decide in which sections and module sets you want the full sized image codes be shown to guests. Yep.. the user will enter the full thumbnail code, but inside gars, you can decide if guests are shown the full sizzed code or not

3) and ofcourse it gives you power to organize the thumbs properly with title.

In admincp there are two settings
1) break after -> after how many images you want to line break and start images from next row
2) whether to show full sized image code to guests or not.

How to install
1) First create a template named 'GARS_shacker' without quotes.
in it paste the code i have given in the file attached.
2) Upload the contents of the shacker folder in archive in same format into geek/gars/mods folder
3) go to modules and register a new module
in it enter:
title: ShaCkeR
dropdown: select shacker.php
in the box below enter: GARS_mod_container,GARS_shacker

Now just go to any module sets, where you want this enabled... and put the module(preferably at bottom or top, don't put at sides.
edit the settings of how many images per row and if to show image code to guests...

And bingo... you are done.

Demo:
http://www.techenclave.com/forums/serenity-62809.html
http://www.techenclave.com/forums/king-kong-64183.html

the code will work for any provider which generates screenshot code in the format

XYZ (XXX) or
XYZ (XXX)

screenshots attached.

i don't think there are major bugs but we will see :rolleyes: you never know with php do you :D

Btw, i haven't added the code for caching. haven't got the hang of caching so geek, i need a bit of help and update your module tutorial mate:cool:

Lizard King
12-24-2005, 04:42 AM
Great job :)

The Geek
12-24-2005, 08:59 AM
Way cool! Great job!

blackhat
01-04-2006, 10:43 AM
Is it possible to change the image hosting service so I can host the pics myself ?

acers
01-05-2006, 08:19 AM
sure.. i have shown imageshack as an example only
you can use any service provider that generates the code of thumbnails.

Azhria Lilu
01-05-2006, 09:19 AM
Thats a sweet addon!

smo
03-18-2006, 02:38 PM
i may be silly but how do you make a new template?

also, i get an error on extraction with the files in winrar

PabloAM
03-27-2006, 07:30 PM
is very beautiful ;) and usesful :P

smo
06-09-2006, 07:50 PM
does htis still work with v2?

acers
08-01-2006, 06:36 PM
Just updated it to work with v2. download the new archive file.
tested on latest beta and is live on my new site.

did it in 5 mins but i don't think there would be any bugs :)

tis01
09-21-2006, 02:25 PM
Nice add on and works fine.
I've just a question : I would like to use your add on to display the content of 5 to 10 custom fields ( thumb to uploaded image ) instead of using the gars custom display module...just a problem : I not a coder and don't know where to change parameters :o

acers
09-27-2006, 10:18 AM
didn't quite get what you want to do?
You want the links to be pulled from custom fields rather than the single box as is the case now?

tis01
09-27-2006, 02:43 PM
Yes, I would like to use the vb attachement manager : in fact I woulld like the Shacker module to be able to dipslay either [ATTACH]IMG[/IATTACH] or some gars_customfields formated for "thumb to uploaded image"