PDA

View Full Version : My modules disappeared.

strike3forumsmh
10-15-2009, 11:06 AM
I changed URL's so I had to download the package and reinstall again. Whatever. I did that and all my license errors disappeared but all of my modules are gone too. My default set is empty.

I haven't done any crazy modifications to GAZ, just normal things. Waiting for the license to be corrected and then having to deal with this problem is just not ideal at this time as I want to send an email out.

Is there any sort of query I can run to reclaim them or are they gone?

Morgan
10-23-2009, 04:05 PM
If you uninstalled and then reinstalled, what you had is gone. You would need to re-add everything.

strike3forumsmh
10-23-2009, 11:08 PM
My bad. I didn't uninstall, but I upload the new files from the new package. I didn't remove database tables related GAZ and my other information is still there, just not my modules.

Morgan
10-25-2009, 02:11 AM
After you uploaded the new files, did you re-import (not uninstall, but do allow overwrite) the new XML product file for GAZ? If so, what happens if you go and add a new module to GAZ? At this point, I am not sure what happened. You might need to re-add your modules.

strike3forumsmh
10-25-2009, 10:40 AM
Yes, I overwrote the file but did not uninstalled the previous. I am allowed to register a new module, but even the default modules are blank. I started playing around with registering new ones and seemed like some of the information was coming back, module names, but not settings of the module, and it all seemed oddly jumbled.

Maybe I am a unique case, don't know. But you know what would be a great feature Morgan? To allow users to download a settings xml file, similar to vBSEO. An email program that is complex, more so than mine, is quite important and having all your important GAZ information saved with an easy to use backup system just for GAZ I am sure would be appreciated. My thought anyway.

I'll play around with it more though. Thanks for the help.

strike3forumsmh
10-29-2009, 11:01 PM
I pretty much rebuilt my old layout, I just had to create new modules, set everything back up again, etc.