PDA

View Full Version : remove new review button

rlpartida
08-04-2009, 04:40 AM
Hello all,

Tried to search for this but no avail.

1 - I want to remove the "New Review" buttons in the threadbit page since only administrators are able to post new reviews, any idea how this can be done?

2 - I'd also like to make the spacer (the line that divides reviewed items in the threadbit) a little thicker...

I appreciate your help.

thx

rlpartida
08-05-2009, 04:43 AM
bump...

anyone????

Thanks

henrikhansen
08-05-2009, 06:22 AM
1. Just set the forum permissions for your review section (ourside GARS) such that ordinary users cannot create new threads. Having done so, your new review button will disappear.

rlpartida
08-05-2009, 04:07 PM
Hello Henri,

Thank you for your help... I've done so, but for some reason the "new review" button is still there... any idea where is the code that I need to remove???

Also, any idea about this: I'd also like to make the spacer (the line that divides reviewed items in the threadbit) a little thicker...

I appreciate your help.

Morgan
08-06-2009, 03:38 PM
1: Search the GARS_forumdisplay template for the following, if that is the template you are using for forumdisplay, and below where the following occur, there is the IMG tag for the button that you can remove:

<!-- controls above thread list -->

<!-- controls below thread list -->

2: Depending on what template you are using for threadbit in GARS, you would need to add/edit something at the end of the template. This is what is in the default GARS_threadbit template, so you could change the &nbsp; to <br /><br /> if you want more space:

<tr>
<td class="tcat" style="padding:0px;" colspan="2"><span class="smallfont">&nbsp;</span></td>

</tr>

rlpartida
08-06-2009, 11:31 PM
Thank you Morgan, that sure helped, everything is fine now.

:)