PDA

View Full Version : best settings to keep size down?

Hornstar6969
06-08-2009, 12:09 AM
As I have to send out 300 000 emails, I need to know the absolute best settings when sending out an email.

1. I have bounced emails come back.
2. I am sending a huge amount of emails out.

With that combination it is a disaster waiting to happen. eg. server crash etc.

What do you recommend I have it set to so it does not kill my server?

Morgan
06-09-2009, 02:58 PM
Not sure what to recommend for that many emails, never sent out so many before. You may wish to check with your host to be sure you can send so many emails, and then go to the ACP GAZ Settings and in the Processing section there are some options to help with server load. Click the http://www.thevbgeek.com/cpstyles/vBulletin_3_Default/cp_help.gif icon in the ACP for further information on each setting.

Hornstar6969
06-12-2009, 08:23 AM
yeah I can and have sent out that many emails. I feel the problem is with not having adequate admincp permissions with who will not get the email. Currently I had it set to subscribe everyone, but now I want to ensure it does not subscribe people who are in the banned usergroup and the setting 'recieve admin emails - no' seems to be getting the subscriptions still.

Morgan
06-15-2009, 04:20 PM
Go to the ACP -> GAZ -> Newsletters and for each newsletter, check that the banned usergroups are unchecked in the "Usergroups allowed to subscribe" section.