PDA

View Full Version : Possible to use GAL to display custom content?

JohnBee
04-22-2009, 05:43 AM
Hi, I use GAL conservatively on one of my sites as a glossary, but I wondered if it was possible to use it to display specific information on a product?

ex:

Engineering Convention scheduled for May 14'th blablabla.
PROGRAM(GARS popup with schedule)

Now... since we do many conventions over the course of a few months, I was wondering if it were possible to re-use the term, except with different content for each one?

ex: Jun 7th
PROGRAM(june schedule)

July 11th
PROGRAM(highlights for july)

So would it be possible?
I was thinking perhaps that what the users see in the forums and what GAL see's could be different. This way, we could mask each visible word with a specific keyword and payload within GAL.

or.. I might be way off track here and GAL can already accomplish this :)

Morgan
04-22-2009, 03:10 PM
Each GAL you set up allows you to enter keywords and content for those keywords. The content for the keywords is the same for all keywords, i.e., one GAL for the word program with the content you specify when you set up the GAL for that particular word.

JohnBee
04-22-2009, 06:59 PM
Each GAL you set up allows you to enter keywords and content for those keywords. The content for the keywords is the same for all keywords, i.e., one GAL for the word program with the content you specify when you set up the GAL for that particular word.

Okay that's what I thought.
So, I wondered, would it be hard to get GAL to display a tag rather than the keyword to a user?

ex:
visible tag = content
gal keyword(trigger) = H7&GG01

Morgan
04-23-2009, 05:53 AM
The keywords you enter when you set up a GAL are the words that need to appear in the post for the pop-up to appear, with the content you entered for those keywords when you set up the GAL. There is no way to hide or tag a keyword.