PDA

View Full Version : How to show custom fields in threadbit ?

stckhlm
04-21-2009, 10:35 PM
I've created a custom field as : "Genre"

I would like to put the variable of my custom field (genre) in the template so i can then show the input of it in showthread or threadbit templates.

But am not sure about which variable i have to use.

something like : <if condition="$show['custom_field_id']">

Morgan
04-22-2009, 02:52 PM
Try adding $thread[garsX] to the GARS_threadbit template, or whatever template you are using for threadbit, where X is the custom field ID that can be found at ACP -> GARS -> Custom Fields.

AFG
04-24-2009, 12:49 AM
The template "GARS_pb" is for the contribution itself or?

if I go $ thread [garsX] use, it is not. but it threadbit template. I want custom field contributions in use. if a user indicates that for example for his new winter tires 500 euro will be done about his contribution to appear. but contributory. just how?

Morgan
04-26-2009, 01:16 PM
If you want custom fields on GARS_pb then you can add the Custom Fields module via the ACP -> GARS -> Modules -> click the module set -> add the Custom Fields module in the Add Modules section. There is an example of how it looks here (http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=3706).

Use Custom Fields to add custom fields. Go to Modules, pick the module of interest, add Custom Fields where you want them to show, click the Custom Fields link that appears afterwards, select Yes to those custom fields of interest, save, and then go to Types, pick the modules set, and tick the custom fields you want.