PDA

View Full Version : Force users to leave a review score

Raptor
04-07-2009, 01:33 PM
Im using Gars for Movie ratings.

I would like to have members being able to reply ONLY if they have chosen a rating score (i.e. will give them an error if they haven't selected a number)

There is also the issue of the quick reply - membesr are using the quick reply and that doesnt give a score option - so how do I get around that too ?

Thanks

Edit: I got rid of the quick reply box by making my own GARS_showthread template and removing all the quickreply / quick edit code

I have also disabled the tick so the score will post - however if its 0 because they forgot to change I have given member ability to change rating.

This is a work around so far but is there a better way - like a pop up msg or something to remind them to leave a rating (or a template edit to make it stand out more?)

Thanks

Morgan
04-09-2009, 03:53 AM
In the GARS_ratings template, at the location of the red X (the X is not in the template), you can add a message or some JavaScript for a pop-up alert:

<td align="center" colspan="2">X<if condition="$GARS_submit_tick"><input type="checkbox" name="GARS_submit_rating" />$vbphrase[GARS_submit_tick]<else /><input type="hidden" name="GARS_submit_rating" value="on" /></if></td>