PDA

View Full Version : When will this move out of beta? I want to make sure no one can steal customer info..

FRAiD
11-12-2005, 10:22 AM
When will this move out of beta? I want to make sure no one can steal customer info. I assume that's not possible if I'm going to have it all done through paypal (an outside site).

But in the specifications you recommend to not run this on a live site... so that's why I'm not sure what to do. Are there any other sites that do this same thing that aren't beta? I can see how you might not want to say so. I am already thinking about your ad rotating hack.

How does it compare to adjuggler.com?

Thanks in advance.

Also, does it do live stock updates? Like say I put five shirts down for one item and a few are each different sizes. Does it automatically update if people buy out my stock in one size? And auto take it off the choices of shirts available? (sorry if this question is obvious, just putting all my thoughts down at once... will read more about it now)

The reason why I asked the last question is because you mentioned some features won't be used until the gold version... so what features aren't included in the beta version right now?

The Geek
11-12-2005, 10:50 AM
Customer details are all handled via PayPal.
Plumbing is in for Stock Control however it doesnt currently do it (will do though).
Dont know what adjuggler is
The most common thing its being used for right now is software distrubution and license control (Like here).

HTH's!

FRAiD
11-13-2005, 06:40 AM
How long will it take to move out of beta for this product? Because I'm going ot be using real life stock, not information, so it's important for me to have the stock controls. Also, if I simply purchased what you have now would I be able to upgrade really easy? Or do I run the risk of screwing up vBulletin etc?

I'm going to be selling shirts primarily off the site. So the inventory controls is most important for me. So how much longer will it be for gold? I suppose I could go back and see how long ago you updated that product's info and add six weeks to it. Just wondering how soon it will be.

fiber_cut
11-13-2005, 08:54 AM
Read the thread on this one, this was from a day or so ago -

http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=433&page=2

FRAiD
11-13-2005, 11:18 PM
Yah, I can't buy it until I can control stock. As some people mentioned in that thread. To me, that is a crucial feature. If I got it now, how hard will it be to upgrade? I mean, I want something where it's just press install and it goes. Heh, is it that easy to upgrade/install or not?

The Geek
11-13-2005, 11:25 PM
For the most part, yes. However if its not at the stage you could use it anyway - I would suggest laying low on it. Ill do what I can to get some basic stock control into the next beta (whever that will be!)

FRAiD
11-14-2005, 04:48 AM
Heh, ok... I'll wait. Hurry up lol. I need your services to be able to sell stuff off my site.

7thGenCivic.com
11-21-2005, 03:05 PM
oh crap, I thought it did stock control! and I just bought it. damn. Hopefully u can get something out soon.