PDA

View Full Version : Fatal error: Call to undefined function: globalize

highlander56
02-19-2009, 06:11 PM
I have downloaded GAL 4.02 and have followed the instructions, transferring the files to the proper folders.
I presently have this sandboxed on a local server before doing a live-fire upload to our main hosting server.
When I try to go to the forum/gal4_install.php URL, I get the following error mesage:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: globalize() in g:\easyphp1.8\easyphp1-8\www\testvb\admincp\gal4_install.php on line 43

Bear in mind, this is running on a local PC. I have vB running on it with no problem. As a matter of fact. myPHPBB and others are also running on it also.
It just seems that the install.....won't install.
Since there is no "owners manual", can you offer any assistance.

Regards

Michael

Morgan
02-23-2009, 03:47 PM
The account you used to post your message is showing as unlicensed. Please use the account with a license to obtain support. Thank you.

highlander56
02-24-2009, 09:03 PM
This GAL was from the VBulletin.org site and was listed as a free download.
No where in the download did it say there was a license fee associated with this version of the software.
I see where there are versions listed for around 20 pounds.

It was my understanding this one was free.
Here's the link.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=76054&highlight=autolink+script

So, is this particular version free, or is it a mis-post?

Regards

Michael

Morgan
02-25-2009, 02:51 PM
OIC, that add-on is not supported by me, but you cannot install a modification for vB 3.0.7 on the version of vB you are currently using., i.e., vB no longer makes use of the globalize function. That is why you are getting that error message.

highlander56
02-26-2009, 05:06 PM
Morgan:
Understood. I just sent a message from the Contact Us link on vB Geeks cart regarding the GAL 6.0.8 is just paid for and downloaded. Having problems after the install. The generated autolink is calling to a non-existent URL.

Regards
Michael

highlander56
02-26-2009, 06:45 PM
Morgan:
Understood. I just sent a message from the Contact Us link on vB Geeks cart regarding the GAL 6.0.8 is just paid for and downloaded. Having problems after the install. The generated autolink is calling to a non-existent URL.

Regards
Michael

Plus, it's not displaying the pop-up.

Morgan
02-28-2009, 01:55 PM
1) For the autolink.php link, check the ACP -> vBulletin Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details -> Forum URL and make sure it is the link to your forum.

2) Go to the ACP -> GAL -> Categories and make sure gal_link_popup appears in the Links column and gal_content_popup_rounded appears in the Content column. Also if you changed either the gal_link_popup template or the gal_content_popup_rounded template, then revert them to their original form.

highlander56
03-02-2009, 01:09 PM
Morgan:

Many thanks.
That did the trick.
It seemed to be the URL of the forum home page that was the cause of the problem.
Both the autolinking to the proper destination URL and the pop-up is now working.

Thanks again.
Very cool product!

Michael