PDA

View Full Version : How to show PhotoPlog minithumbs in GARS

stckhlm
01-06-2009, 05:04 PM
I would like to show the photoplog minithumbs in a template of GARS. But couldnt success. The closest thing to is this (http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=4380) thread (Random Thumbs).

But actually i need the exactly same $photoplog[minithumbnails].
As you know its much better and its with highslide. So its possible to enlarge the thumb and see the title of the photo.

But with above addon, (Random thumbs) its not that good.

Regards

Morgan
01-06-2009, 06:55 PM
The only GARS/PhotoPlog module available is the one here (http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=4380) that you already found. You would need to edit the photoplog_random_thumbs.php file in the /display directory if you want the output to show something different.

stckhlm
01-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Thanks a lot Morgan for your quick response.
Even its not related with the topic, i would like to ask you one more thing if you dont mind.

How can i remove the "Click here to read the entire article" ?
I mean, i do not want to show the main articles synopsis at 2nd page. I just want the thread replies continue as its on original vBulletin

Regards

Morgan
01-06-2009, 08:19 PM
There is no ACP option to turn that off so you would need to edit the process_pagetext function in the gars_class_page.php file. Look for GARS_read_entire in that function to find the place to edit, perhaps adding in something so that if-else block of code doesn't execute if $this->vb->GPC['pagenumber'] is greater than one.

stckhlm
01-08-2009, 06:37 AM
I've changed the number with quite big one. (50) But now its showing full content of first thread at every first message of other pages.

Isnt it possible to completely remove this preview option ? (preview of thread at each pages)

Morgan
01-08-2009, 03:39 PM
Nope, there is no option to turn it off other than to edit the code. One thing you can try is to replace the first instance of this in the gars_class_page.php file:

if ($this->type)

With this:

if ($this->type && $this->vb->GPC['pagenumber'] < 2)

And see if it does what you want. This is not something I have done, and I have posted all the ideas I have, so if it doesn't do what you want, then you will need to try some other code edits and see if you can get it as you want.