PDA

View Full Version : Lots of help needed

rockinaway
12-24-2008, 08:11 PM
I just bought a license for GAZ but I am having problems.

My newsletter isn't very good style wise. The right bar is very thin, not much width.

I am not too sure how to add personal text to it.

Another problem is I can't view it on the forum. I get a permissions error although I have select administrators to have the permission.

Is it possible to get a refund at any point?

Morgan
12-26-2008, 12:46 AM
Sorry but design is not something that is offered as part of support, but there are the gaz_html_header and/or gaz_html_navbar and/or gaz_html_footer templates that you can edit for each style as you prefer. Use absolute http:// links, not relative links, do not use JavaScript, use inline CSS, not external CSS files, etcetera, so that you have a better chance that the receiver's email reader does not strip out parts of the HTML email.

As for the permissions, also check that via the ACP -> GAZ -> Newsletters -> click a newsletter -> check the 'Usergroups allowed to subscribe' section, and via the User CP of your forum, check that you are subscribed to the newsletter. If you haven't seen it yet, you might find additional help with GAZ in the wiki here (http://www.thevbgeek.com/geeki/index.php/Category:GAZ).

Because the code is "visible source" there are no refunds, except in very limited circumstances. Unfortunately what you describe does not fall into that category, but if you wish to sell your license to someone else, and then do a transfer request from the http://www.thevbgeek.com/glic.php page, you can do that.

rockinaway
12-30-2008, 03:39 PM
Okay, it seems, the right bar width goes small in the email version but fine on the forum.

I have sorted the subscriptions out.

Is there any way to get articles from GARS to show on GAZ?

Morgan
12-30-2008, 05:35 PM
Not sure what you mean by "right bar" but try looking at the HTML source of the email and see if something from the email reader is either taking out something you added for the bar or causing the bar to shrink. For articles, you can use the Thread Block module and select the forums from which to pull the threads/articles.

rockinaway
12-31-2008, 01:17 PM
Okay, that is all sorted. Final question, how can I link directly to the newsletter's latest issue? If I use newsletter.php I get a permissions error... but if I add ?id=xx&prev=1, then it views :S

So what do I add in navbar?

rockinaway
12-31-2008, 01:22 PM
I have checked the permissions, and all are yes.

Morgan
01-01-2009, 07:56 PM
Which no permission message do you receive?

You do not have permission to browse the newsletter section.
You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page.

rockinaway
01-01-2009, 07:58 PM
rockinaway, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Morgan
01-01-2009, 08:44 PM
There are three places where the following appears in the GAZ newsletter.php file:

print_no_permission();

After the first one add the following:

echo 'A';
exit();

After the second one add the following:

echo 'B';
exit();

After the third one add the following:

echo 'C';
exit();

Then let me know whether you see A, B, or C on screen after making the file edits.

rockinaway
01-31-2009, 11:07 AM
Sorry for the late reply. I put that after the first second and third, but none of them show up, yet I still get the error:

rockinaway, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Morgan
02-02-2009, 02:03 AM
That message can be generated from the vB print_no_permission function (it is the nopermission_loggedin phrase) but from here I cannot tell why you get that message. My guess is that it is some setting. If you want me to investigate further, PM me both admin level ACP access and FTP login information.