PDA

View Full Version : Multi page articles "meta description" problem

bgpa
11-25-2008, 09:08 PM
Hi ,

i am using VBSEO's Dynamic META TAGS option for meta descriptions...it catches "first X (defined as me) character" of the first message as meta description.

But there's a little problem when i using this, for multi page gars articles..

gars show (add) first message to all pages of the article...so , for multi page articles when page number bigger than 1, meta descriptions parts is same...

Here's the example :

http://www.bilgirizgah.com/euro-2008-maclari-gruplar-fikstur/2547-almanya-turkiye-maci/sayfa2.html

how can i add an unique value to the first message (for example page id) or to meta description field of message ?

i try some google , and found somethings about gars_class_page.php ..But i cant do anything...

please help..

ps: i have two brand free GARS licance but, i can not open new thread with my other account...so ironic..

Morgan
11-28-2008, 03:55 PM
Sorry, I am not familiar with vBSEO so cannot tell you what you would need to do to obtain the results you want. Knowing GARS is not enough for me to answer your question. As to your other account, if you PM me that user name, I can check on it for you.

bgpa
11-28-2008, 06:10 PM
vbseo team said ask to this question at here...i exactly want just one thing morgan :

You know,on multi paged threads , GARS automaticly shows "first X character of first message" for all pages.

my question is, how can i add "page number" in to this previews...For example, when i browsing my thread's 16th page, it automaticly adds "Page 16" at the begining of thread preview.

i hope,i can tell the problem..

+

other problem fixed thank you.

Morgan
12-02-2008, 03:12 AM
Untested but you might try making use of $this->vb->GPC['pagenumber'] in the gars_class_page.php file, near where GARS_read_entire appears in the code.