PDA

View Full Version : Strange - 2 e-mails read by Outlook appear differently

PetersWeb
09-18-2008, 06:32 AM
I've found a very weird problem.

I've just moved my site to a new server and installed vBulletin 3.7.2 and GAZ 2.0. I sent the first Newsletter from the new server today but when I received my e-mail (1 to my admin account, the other to a tester account), the results were different.

Both accounts are set to receive HTML e-mail. I use Outlook 2007 as my e-mail reader. One newsletter appeared correctly in HTML and the other contained the HTML source code.

Any ideas? Appreciate your help to fix this problem.

Morgan
09-18-2008, 01:05 PM
My suggestion would have been to check that both accounts were set to receive HTML email, but as you have already done that, what happens if you forward the issue that appears correctly in the one account to the other email address? As GAZ wouldn't be involved in that email, it might help to determine if it is GAZ or the email reader.

PetersWeb
09-18-2008, 01:16 PM
My suggestion would have been to check that both accounts were set to receive HTML email, but as you have already done that, what happens if you forward the issue that appears correctly in the one account to the other email address? As GAZ wouldn't be involved in that email, it might help to determine if it is GAZ or the email reader.
I forwarded the e-mail which contained the HTML source code to the e-mail address that correctly displayed the newsletter but alas, the source code was received. :(

Morgan
09-18-2008, 01:19 PM
Try it the other way: forward the 'good' message to the account that displayed the 'source' message.

PetersWeb
09-18-2008, 01:23 PM
Try it the other way: forward the 'good' message to the account that displayed the 'source' message.
Done. The "good" message was received intact in HTML.

Morgan
09-18-2008, 01:26 PM
How are the admin account and test account set to receive issues: HTML or Plain Text? You can check this via the /profile.php?do=editprofile forum page. Look for the Newsletter Subscription box on the page.

PetersWeb
09-18-2008, 01:29 PM
Just checked both. They both stipulate HTML e-mails in the profile area.

Morgan
09-18-2008, 07:46 PM
Does it happen if you send another issue to those two email addresses? How are you sending the issues to each email address?