PDA

View Full Version : Error when changing settings

AzzidReign
09-06-2008, 03:03 AM
After installing, I went to edit the settings and this is the error I was shown:

Warning: unserialize() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in [path]/geek/gaz/includes/gaz_class_core.php on line 182

Morgan
09-06-2008, 01:57 PM
This is the second time I've heard about this error message, but not everyone gets it so ATM I suspect some other add-on is unserializing GAZ datastore and then GAZ cannot, so try temporarily turning off/disabling all other add-ons except GAZ. Do you still get the error message?

AzzidReign
09-06-2008, 06:37 PM
What did the first person do? Is there any way to compare what plugins we have? Would VBSEO be a problem with this?

Maybe something in the database? I bought an older newsletter mod from a scammer a while ago...maybe you've heard of him, blogtorank? He posted a lite version of the mod at vb.org and it was 5 dollars to purchase the premium one, so I did. It never worked properly but could that maybe be the problem?

And I've disabled most of my mods and nothing came of it. I left smaller ones enabled like ones made by cybernetec. I disabled vbseo (via vbseocp) and nothing there. So what now?

AzzidReign
09-07-2008, 06:54 AM
Is it a problem that I'm using it with 3.7.2 PL2? I haven't upgraded to the newest vb yet but will shortly but the 3.7.x series isn't listed on the requirements nor is the 2.0.2 version of GAZ listed.

Morgan
09-07-2008, 02:47 PM
The other person edited the following line in the gaz_class_core.php file.

BEFORE MAKING THIS CHANGE, READ THIS THREAD (http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=4888) AND DO THE EDIT IN THIS THREAD (http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=4888) INSTEAD!!!

$this->settings = unserialize($this->vb->GAZ_settings);

To:

$this->settings = $this->vb->GAZ_settings;

But before editing the code, run the following query and let me know the result:

# add your vB table prefix to the datastore table name if you use a prefix
SELECT unserialize FROM datastore WHERE title = 'GAZ_settings';

If the value that is returned is 1 or 2 then run the following query:

# add your vB table prefix to the datastore table name if you use a prefix
UPDATE datastore SET unserialize = 0 WHERE title = 'GAZ_settings';

AzzidReign
09-08-2008, 03:22 AM
The query result is 0. So I should just edit the code now?

Morgan
09-09-2008, 02:07 PM
Yes, you can do the code edit now.

KenDude
11-17-2008, 03:38 AM
Morgan,

As an FYI, I had to do this tonight. I was running a 4.x flavor of MySQL and now I'm running a 5.x. I ran the query you suggested and the value was 0, so then I made the file edit you showed above and everything works again. I don't know what MySQL versions other people are on, but this could be the cause.