PDA

View Full Version : Instillation Problem

Mr Chris
08-28-2008, 06:52 PM
Ok I am very excited about getting this product up and running.

Everything seemed to install fine today but I get this message when I try to access the Geek in the admin cp:

Warning: main(./global.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/c/h/r/chrisacwc/html/vBulletin/admincp/gal_admin.php on line 30

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required './global.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/content/c/h/r/chrisacwc/html/vBulletin/admincp/gal_admin.php on line 30

Thanks for any help!

Also see image attached.

brasolino
08-29-2008, 08:17 AM
have you uploaded all needed files ?

Mr Chris
08-29-2008, 10:17 AM
as far as I can tell. What should I do with the stuff from the file that says donot upload?

Mr Chris
08-29-2008, 03:49 PM
Anybody? Any ideas? Im kinda at a loss here. I have attempted reinstillation a few times with no luck.

Morgan
08-29-2008, 05:30 PM
Double check that the gal_admin.php file is inside your /forum/admincp directory on the server, and double check that the vB global.php file is inside your /forum/admincp directory on the server. Note that vB has a couple of files named global.php so you want to make sure the global.php file from the /admincp directory of the vB package is the one inside the /forum/admincp directory on the server.

Mr Chris
09-02-2008, 03:17 PM
Thanks Morgan

Yeah I triple checked all that, everything seems to be in order but I still get the same error message.

Does anyone feel like doing a paid install for me?

Morgan
09-03-2008, 03:05 PM
Double check that your forum admincp directory has the following files:

/admincp

accessmask.php
gal_admin.php
global.php
verify.php

Mr Chris
09-03-2008, 03:10 PM
Yes I have all 4 of those files just checked. But I think I just realized my problem.

I use php5

so all of those files are php5 except the gal_admin file..

So I guess that's the problem.

Should I pull it down and do a find and replace rename and make all the php extensions php5?

Thanks Morgan

Morgan
09-03-2008, 03:27 PM
Untested but try adding the following to a .htaccess file in web root to make .php files execute as PHP5 code:

AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5 .php

Mr Chris
09-03-2008, 03:40 PM
Morgan would you be able to break that down in laymen s terms.. Im not totally sure what you mean.

Thanks

Morgan
09-03-2008, 03:51 PM
Create a text-only file titled .htaccess and in that file place the following line, save, and FTP to web root on your server in ASCII mode, making sure to not overwrite any .htaccess file already there. If you do already have a .htaccess file already on the server, add the following line to it. Your host should also be able to help you with this. Just tell them that you have .php files on your server, including require_once('./global.php'); and similar statements in the .php code, that you want to run as PHP5 files because you are getting 'no such file or directory' messages.

AddHandler application/x-httpd-php5 .php