PDA

View Full Version : Only one auto link per thread & word with space

Arnoz
08-25-2008, 09:47 AM
1) Is it possible to limit the number of auto-links to one per thread and not post?! I have a Mac related forum. So for example, if I set the keyword iPod, it's sometimes replaced like 20 times in the same thread ATM. It's too much.

2) I have read a lot of threads but still can't figure how to make keywords with space autolink. Your example with 'word1 word2' & word1' 'word2' doesn't seem to work for me.
I want to link, for example "MacBook Pro". But "MacBook" is also a keyword. Every time there is the name MacBook Pro it show up as MacBook (NOT-A-LINK) Pro, redirecting to the MacBook page. I set an ordinal of 1 for MacBook Pro and 10 for MacBook.

Thanks for your help.

Morgan
08-26-2008, 04:03 PM
1: GAL processes keywords on a per post basis. The only option is the "Limit replacements per post" one, nothing for threads.

2: If 'WORD1 WORD2' and 'WORD1' or 'WORD2' are keywords, use Ordinal so that 'WORD1 WORD2' has a lower ordinal that either 'WORD1' or 'WORD2' ordinals, making the longer keyword parse before the shorter ones.

Arnoz
08-26-2008, 04:48 PM
Thanks for your help.
1) It's too bad. Can I submit a feature request maybe? Or can I modify your hack for my forum only? But I suppose it's complicated? (I have no PHP knowledge.)
2) OK that was what I did but before asking I should've rebuild pst cache :rolleyes: