PDA

View Full Version : GAZ Bug?

KenDude
07-22-2008, 05:10 AM
Morgan,

I just sent out my 3rd newsletter with GAZ tonight and I noticed something that to me seems to be a bug. In the modules setup where you have Most Viewed topics and Hot Topics, there is a checkbox whether to use the all-time stats for calculating these or to use only stats since the last newsletter (in my case last month). Even though I have it selected to not use the lifetime stats but to only look at stats since the last newsletter, it is using lifetime stats instead. What that means is each newsletter my most viewed topics and hot topics never change! Ugh...

Can you fix please?

Thanks!
KenDude

Morgan
07-22-2008, 04:18 PM
Go to the GAZ ACP Issues section and select the issue of interest and then look at the Start Date field. If the 'Ignore time frame' option under the GAZ ACP Modules section is set to no, then the threads selected are those where the time of the last post is greater than or equal to the start date. Hot threads are where views are greater than or equal to the Hot Threads Qualifying Views value set in the ACP vBulletin Options.

KenDude
07-24-2008, 05:19 AM
Yep you have bugs Morgan. :)

Issue #3 (the one I just sent out) has a Start Date of June 23, 2008. Ignore time frame for Most Viewed Topics is set to NO in the modules section.

However, it is selecting topics created LONG before the start date, some years in fact.

For Hot Threads I have the module set as:
"Only select from hot topics" = Yes
Ignore Time Frame = NO

I would expect that to pull ONLY hot topics from the last month (my newsletters go out monthly)

But again that's NOT what is happening it is pulling from the beginning of time! :)

Do you still have your username/password for my site as you should still have admincp access if you want to verify this for yourself.

Morgan
07-24-2008, 09:15 PM
For the repeat threads that show, is their time of the last post on June 23, 2008 or later?

KenDude
07-24-2008, 09:27 PM
Hmmm I'll have to check and see, I suppose an option that let's you configure between original posting date and last post in a thread date would allow an admin to choose which style they want to send. I have a couple of long running topics that continue to gets a few posts every month so those are always going to show up as hot topics even though they really aren't that hot anymore, etc.

Morgan
07-24-2008, 10:29 PM
Untested but try the following edit in the GAZ threadblock.php file.

(!$settings['time'] ? " AND thread.lastpost >= " . intval($this->issue['frequency']) : "" ) . "

To:

(!$settings['time'] ? " AND thread.dateline >= " . intval($this->issue['frequency']) : "" ) . "