PDA

View Full Version : Just upgraded - All links are missing in admin and forum pages

John D
06-27-2008, 01:58 PM
Hey,

I just upgraded to the latest 6 version and no links are showing up in the GAL settings, categories are also missing.

Has anyone had this problem?

Really need to get this back up quick again.

My forum is DeuceAce (http://www.deuceace.com) if this helps.

Thanks

John D
06-27-2008, 02:01 PM
I am using 3.7.1 :)

Morgan
06-27-2008, 07:03 PM
Did you uninstall GAL before upgrading? If so, the uninstallation dropped the GAL tables, and the reinstallation is now using new GAL tables. If not, do you have GAL disabled via the ACP and forget to turn it back on?

John D
06-27-2008, 07:19 PM
Hey,

I followed the install instructions (I couldn't see anything for upgrading) and just uploaded the files, uploaded the product xml etc. but I didn't try to uninstall it first.

Where would I see if it is turned off?
I dont think thats the problem because even in the admincp it says I have no GALs.

Thanks

Morgan
06-27-2008, 09:55 PM
Agreed, doesn't sound like GAL is disabled. Check the gal table via phpMyAdmin or run the following query from the ACP -> Maintenance -> Execute SQL Query:

# add your vB table prefix to the table name if you use one
SELECT id, title FROM gal;

If there are no results, when you go to the ACP -> GAL -> Display, it'll say, "You have no GALs!"

You mentioned that you upgraded GAL. From what version? If something ancient, look via FTP to see whether you FTPed the following file to the server:

/geek/gal/includes/gal_functions_import4_to_5.php

John D
06-27-2008, 10:09 PM
MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows). (Query took 0.0002 sec)

My table is dace_forum, I used SELECT id, title FROM gal; plus SELECT id, title FROM dace_forum.gal;

Is that correct?

I also browsed the GAL table through phpmyadmin, no results.

/geek/gal/includes/gal_functions_import4_to_5.php

Yeah, I have that file.

I dont know what I updated from to be honest...I just paid to upgrade my license today and I think I only installed once or twice after I paid last time - So Id say around a 14 months ago.

John D
06-27-2008, 11:08 PM
Can anyone help with this?

I have a $100 poker freeroll running tomorrow and need the autolinker working - I am emailing over 4000 players.

Thanks

Morgan
06-28-2008, 06:38 PM
FTPing the files and reimporting the product-gal.xml file would not wipe out the GALs. Imagine if it did; I'd be hearing about it. That said, I do not know why you gal table is empty. If GAL were uninstalled, that would cause it. One other thing to check is to see if you have any database table with geek_autolink in the table name. Maybe you upgraded from something ancient, and your GALs are still there but in a different location. Otherwise, if you have a database backup, look through it and see if you find any GAL related tables by searching on a GAL keyword you had as an entry.

John D
06-28-2008, 07:02 PM
Hey,

Just checked that table and all the autolinks are within it - Just not showing in the admin panel or on the site.

Morgan
06-28-2008, 07:35 PM
That table... what table? A table with geek_autolink in the name or the gal table? :confused:

John D
06-28-2008, 09:08 PM
The one you asked about - geek_autolink

It has all the autolinks stored.

Morgan
06-29-2008, 07:42 PM
FTP the PHP file in the attachment into your main forum directory and call it only one time from your browser, and wait until you see the "done" message on screen. Afterwards, remove the file from your server and check whether you have GALs in the ACP.

John D
06-30-2008, 02:51 PM
Hey,

Thanks for that :)

That has shown them up in the admin cp now but they arent linking in the posts.

John D
06-30-2008, 03:03 PM
Just so you know, all links are set to active and I just saved it to make sure :)

Morgan
07-01-2008, 04:58 PM
Try the Rebuild Post Cache and Rebuild RegExp Cache options in the GAL ACP Maintenance.

John D
07-02-2008, 08:07 PM
It still isn't working.

Did those two...

Thank you again :)

Morgan
07-03-2008, 03:53 AM
Check that under the ACP -> GAL -> Regular Expressions there is a Standard regular expression that is set to the following:

#(\b($1)\b(?=[^>]*<)(?![^<]*</))#im

Next go to the ACP -> GAL -> Categories and check that Standard is selected Regexp column. Then go here (http://www.thevbgeek.com/geeki/index.php/Category:GAL) and check all the items listed in the Troubleshooting section.