PDA

View Full Version : GARS + GAL: why need to comma seperate words?

TCB
06-20-2008, 05:44 PM
When I post a new article using GARS, I prefer to add autolink words rightaway. If somewhere else on the messageboard The Alternate Show is typed, it has to have a autolink to the The Alternate Show article.

But in GARS I have to comma separate it, making the autolink Alternate and Show. That's not what I want, the autolink has to be Alternate+Show.

If I add Alternate Show to GAL manually, it works. Neither Alternate or Show will point to the article, unless they are written together.

Morgan
06-21-2008, 04:59 PM
No sure what you mean. Below is an example of what happens when The Alternate Show is added in the keywords box when posting an article:

The Alternate Show break The break Alternate break Show break

TCB
06-22-2008, 08:17 AM
well that's weird. When I add words in the 'autolink' box while posting an article, I get this message:

The following errors occurred with your submission:
You must enter a comma seperated list of keywords for a valid GAL entry.

long promised road

Morgan
06-24-2008, 04:02 PM
When you enter keywords, also be sure to enter something in the description box. The GARS_err_no_gal_text phrase has been changed to the following in the latest GARS package: You must enter a comma separated list of keywords and a description for a valid GAL entry.

TCB
06-24-2008, 05:41 PM
Thanks,

allthough I didn't get the GARS message to add a description also, it works now.

But in the GAL admin, instead of the name/autolinks words, I get to see (for example) 'Article 19108' as autolink title. This makes it quite difficult for me to change or check the autolinks words that are added through GARS articles.

Morgan
06-24-2008, 06:00 PM
'Article 19108' means that keywords were added from thread ID 19108. When you go to the ACP -> GAL -> Display, the links you see are formed from the title and not the keywords. Users are not given the option to set the title; it defaults to 'Article 19108' but if you want to change it, untested, edit the do_keywords_from_gars function in the gal_class_admin.php file, adding the part in red bold:

$title = $vbphrase['thread'] . ' ' . $threadid;
$keywords = $this->strip_text(unhtmlspecialchars($keywords)); // user input - keywords
$content = $this->strip_text(unhtmlspecialchars($content)); // user input - description

$title = $vbphrase['thread'] . ' ' . $threadid . ' - ' . htmlspecialchars_uni($keywords);

TCB
06-24-2008, 06:41 PM
Hi Morgan,

thanks for the quick reply. Yes, that worked. Now in the GAL admin the title of autolinks made through GARS articles are like 'Article 615 - The Jungle Room Sessions'.

Thank you very much. Now it's time to play around with this fantastic tool