PDA

View Full Version : Im still waiting for Support

MotMann
06-18-2008, 01:03 PM
Morgan, i send you PM, and wait for Support, that you can managed my litle Styleproblem.

Morgan
06-18-2008, 06:37 PM
As I wrote in PMs to you with respect to styles, you need to make edits to the gaz_html_header and/or gaz_html_navbar and/or gaz_html_footer templates as you prefer for the tribe style, and other styles if you want. Use absolute http:// links, not relative links, do not use JavaScript, use inline CSS, not external CSS files, etcetera. PMing me multiple times and starting a thread isn't going to get me to edit the GAZ templates for you. I have already verified that if the GAZ templates are edited properly, the newsletter looks correct. Sorry, but I'm not going to log into your site or any more sites to edit templates for people. Editing templates is something you can do. If this makes you unhappy, and you want to stop using GAZ, just let me know and I'll rescind your GAZ license and issue you a refund.

MotMann
06-22-2008, 10:04 AM
Thats support?
I have a lot of Products from other Coder, they give good support.

But i cant see, that you made a good support here. Some questions from other user still be not answered, ore you give just a link and leave your Customer with there Problems alone.

I have some more trouble.

Not only the Style.. the newsletter send out without Text. I correct that, but it will not be saved. Next time, the Newsletter send out again without Text.

Please check it.

Geek give a good support. Why not you?

You know, that i have still Problems with the language. You can correct the problems in just minutes on my side.

Thank... :)

Morgan
06-24-2008, 04:13 PM
Go to the ACP -> GAZ -> Modules -> click a module set link -> switch Page Type from HTML to Plain Text and set up modules for the plain text emails. Then go to the ACP -> GAZ -> Issues -> select the issue -> tick the Generate new data box -> Save. As for the GAZ templates, those you'll need to edit yourself to match with your forum skin. If you are unhappy with support, and you want to stop using GAZ, just let me know and I'll rescind your GAZ license and issue you a refund.

MotMann
06-28-2008, 12:45 PM
Morgan.. why i must switch to plain text, if mail send out without text or html?

Maybe you dont understand me.

The mails send out, but NO html or Text. If i set the Style, the the Newsletter will be send out for JUST ONE TIME....

At the next Time, the newsletter send out again without anything.
Why you dont check it? I think there is a bug.

Morgan
06-28-2008, 06:33 PM
While you can set the type of newsletters your users receive via the GAZ ACP Tools, your users can select or change what type of newsletter they want to receive. You set which modules are used for HTML newsletters, and you set which modules are used the plain text newsletters. If there were a bug, whereby blank emails were being sent out, there would almost certainly be more posts about it. Go to the ACP -> GAZ -> Issues -> select the issue -> look at both the HTML preview and the Plain Text preview, and see what content shows on screen. Another thing to compare are your GAZ ACP newsletter settings to those shown here (http://www.thevbgeek.com/geeki/index.php/Image:GAZ_Newsletter_Settings.jpg).

MotMann
06-29-2008, 08:04 AM
Morgan . i do that.

Once again. I make the settings, but they wil not be saved.

The Newsletter will be send out correct for just one time. The next time, they come blank Newsletter.
And if i vew the issue, then comes:
Invalid style and language cache item. You should rebuild your layout cache via the ACP -> Tools -> Rebuild all layouts.

... and i correct that again and agaion, but its work for just ONE TIME.

Once again. Have a look. Why you dont look in my Adminacount and correct that? We wrote now since 2 weeks here and the Problems still be exist.

Morgan
06-29-2008, 06:20 PM
The problem is not GAZ. It is the 'parse vBCode table' plugin from the 'vBCode table' add-on located at the 'bbcode_create' hook that uses too much memory:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 68157440 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 311296 bytes) in /www/htdocs/********/forum/includes/class_bbcode.php(158) : eval()'d code on line 355

Because that error happens, GAZ cannot do what it needs to do for all the styles. That is why you got an "invalid style and language cache item" message.

The 'parse vBCode table' plugin is currently diasabled (ACP -> Add-ons & Plug-ins -> Plug-ins verwalten -> parse vBCode table). What you do with it is your choice.

As to styles, look at the gaz_html_header template in the Tribe 3.7.1 style to see what edits I made:

<div style="background: url(http://www.YOUR-DOMAIN.de/designs/tribe/t_03.jpg); height:96px;">
<div style="background: url(http://www.YOUR-DOMAIN.de/designs/tribe/t_01.jpg) no-repeat top left; height:96px;">
<div style="background: url(http://www.YOUR-DOMAIN.de/designs/tribe/box.jpg) no-repeat top right; height:96px;"></div>
</div>
</div>

That is there so you have an example of how to make further edits to the gaz_html_header, gaz_html_navbar, and gaz_html_footer templates if you wish.

I also changed some of your style information, adding in the part in bold:

background: url(http://www.YOUR-DOMAIN.de/designs/...

And I reimported the GAZ product XML file to reset the cron jobs. Someone changed the times they run. Do not do that.

One last thing... grab the GAZ package again and reFTP all the files so you are running the latest version. You do not need to reimprt the GAZ product XML file, as that has already been done.

Just because something 'bad' happens in GAZ does not necessarily imply GAZ is the problem, and it did not take me "just minutes" to do these things. ;)

MotMann
06-30-2008, 07:01 PM
And I reimported the GAZ product XML file to reset the cron jobs. Someone changed the times they run. Do not do that.

Okey, but right now, every Day will be send a Newsletter out :( But i need just one Newsletter on Sunday.

And .. thanks a lot. Good work :)

Morgan
07-01-2008, 04:00 PM
ACP -> GAZ -> Newsletters -> click a newsletter link -> Frequency from Start Date -> Weekly