PDA

View Full Version : [fixed]Blank Page in Admincp Items

sketch42
08-25-2005, 07:27 AM
when i click on Admincp>GeekMart>Items Nothing shows up just a blank page

also whats the difference between a Category a Product a Item and a Vendor?

The Geek
08-25-2005, 08:26 AM
This is for vb3.08 right?

That link is no longer valid (thought I had removed it). Basically, you access a products items through the product page.

A vendor is either you or someone your are being a middle man for (e.g. I am selling books on my stite. I dont make them or ship them... a vendor does that for me. Essentailly I am a middle man for them).

A category is a category of products. Categories can have infinate level of sub forums (eg Products->Literature->books)

A Product is an overview of what you are selling. Best example is a T-Shirt while an Item is what you are actually selling. Best example is that for a T-shirt product, you would have a Small, Medium and Large Item (which is what you would actually sell).

HTH's

sketch42
08-25-2005, 03:59 PM
i get this database error whenever i try to put the number of items i want in a product

Database error in vBulletin 3.0.7:

Invalid SQL: INSERT INTO gmart_product_items
(productid, title, description, image, price, base_post, status, vendorid, `mod`, ordinal, isactive,custom1,custom2) VALUES (
'New Item',
'',
'',
'',
'',
''
)
mysql error: Unknown column 'custom1' in 'field list'

mysql error number: 1054

The Geek
08-25-2005, 04:04 PM
if you havent ever put in an item before, drop the gmart_product_items table via phpmyadmin or something. Then rerun the db portion of the installer. It looks like it may be a remenant.

sketch42
08-25-2005, 04:11 PM
if you havent ever put in an item before, drop the gmart_product_items table via phpmyadmin or something. Then rerun the db portion of the installer. It looks like it may be a remenant.

same error

The Geek
08-25-2005, 04:22 PM
me bad. I just uploaded a new package for 3.07 (beta 2.6) with those columns added. Just re-run the db portion of the new install file

Sorry about that!

sketch42
08-25-2005, 04:48 PM
me bad. I just uploaded a new package for 3.07 (beta 2.6) with those columns added. Just re-run the db portion of the new install file

Sorry about that!

worked like a charm.....

just a quick question.... whats ordinal mean?? i see it everywhere

The Geek
08-25-2005, 05:04 PM
this just came up in another therad... think I should rethink using that word :)

It means 'the order' as in the order the item will appear :)

sketch42
08-25-2005, 05:38 PM
this just came up in another therad... think I should rethink using that word :)

It means 'the order' as in the order the item will appear :)
i had a feeling thats what it was but didnt want to play with it since i wasnt sure

GoTTi
08-25-2005, 07:54 PM
geek your installer says to put the images link in the admincp:

$printhr = false;
// === GAB ===
construct_nav_option($vbphrase['GMART_settings'], 'gmart_admin.php?do=settings');
construct_nav_option($vbphrase['GMART_cats'], 'gmart_admin.php?do=cats');
construct_nav_option($vbphrase['GMART_products'], 'gmart_admin.php?do=product');
construct_nav_option($vbphrase['GMART_items'], 'gmart_admin.php?do=items');
construct_nav_option($vbphrase['GMART_vendors'], 'gmart_admin.php?do=vendors');
construct_nav_option($vbphrase['GMART_manage'], 'gmart_admin.php?do=manage');
construct_nav_group($vbphrase['GMART_CP']);
$printhr = true;
$printhr = false;
// === GAB ===
$printhr = false;
if (can_administer('canadminstyles'))
{

GoTTi
08-25-2005, 07:59 PM
speaking of the admincp entering code, your instructions kind of interfer with your other hacks because i have the GAL and GAS installed and the instructions say to do the same thing, so now when i had to add this text to the admincp i had to do it BEFORE if (can_administer('canadminstyles'))

maybe should make the instruction not collide with your other addons...

example of what im saying is...this is what my index.php looks like with your codes in it:

$printhr = false;
construct_nav_option("General Settings", 'arcadeadmin.php?do=general', '<br />');
construct_nav_option("Game Settings", 'arcadeadmin.php?do=games', '<br />');
construct_nav_option("Score Settings", 'arcadeadmin.php?do=scores', '<br />');
construct_nav_option("Challenges", 'arcadeadmin.php?do=challenges', '<br />');
construct_nav_group("Arcade", '<hr />');
// === GAS step 400 ===
construct_nav_option($vbphrase['GAS_settings'], 'GAS_admin.php');
construct_nav_group($vbphrase['GAS_CP']);
$printhr = true;
// === /GAS step 400 ===
// === GAL step 200 ===
$printhr = true;
construct_nav_option($vbphrase['GAL_display'], 'GAL_admin.php');
construct_nav_option($vbphrase['GAL_add_new'], 'GAL_admin.php?do=add');
construct_nav_option($vbphrase['GAL_settings'], 'GAL_admin.php?do=settings');
construct_nav_option($vbphrase['GAL_cats'], 'GAL_admin.php?do=cats');
construct_nav_option($vbphrase['GAL_replacements'], 'GAL_admin.php?do=replacements');
construct_nav_option($vbphrase['GAL_styles'], 'GAL_admin.php?do=styles');
construct_nav_option($vbphrase['GAL_stats'], 'GAL_admin.php?do=stats');
construct_nav_option($vbphrase['GAL_debug'], 'GAL_admin.php?do=debug');
construct_nav_group($vbphrase['GAL_CP']);
// === /GAL step 200 ===
// ***
if (can_administer('canadminsettings'))
{
$printhr = true ;
construct_nav_option('Manage Warning Options', 'admin_warn.php?act=manageoptions', '<br />');
construct_nav_option('Manage Warning Types', 'admin_warn.php?act=view', '<br />');
construct_nav_option('Warn a User', 'admin_warn.php?act=warnuser', '<br />');
construct_nav_option('View Warning Logs', 'admin_warn.php?act=viewlogs', '<br />');
construct_nav_option('View Warned Users', 'admin_warn.php?act=viewwarnedusers', '<br />');
construct_nav_option('View Banned Users', 'admin_warn.php?act=viewbannedusers', '<br />');
if ($vboptions['warn_automaticpm'] == 1)
{
construct_nav_option('View Auto-Warned PMs', 'admin_warn.php?act=viewwarnedpms', '<br />');
}
construct_nav_option('Prune Warnings', 'admin_warn.php?act=prune', '<br />');
construct_nav_option('Statistics - Warnings per Type', 'admin_warn.php?act=viewstats1', '<br />');
construct_nav_option('Statistics - Warnings per Warner', 'admin_warn.php?act=viewstats2', '<br />');
construct_nav_option('Statistics - Warnings per User', 'admin_warn.php?act=viewwarnedusers', '<br />');
construct_nav_option('Statistics - Bans per User', 'admin_warn.php?act=viewbans', '<br />');
construct_nav_group('Warning System', '<hr />') ;
}
// ***
// === GAB ===
construct_nav_option($vbphrase['GMART_settings'], 'gmart_admin.php?do=settings');
construct_nav_option($vbphrase['GMART_products'], 'gmart_admin.php?do=product');
$printhr = true;
$printhr = false;
// === GAB ===

{
$printhr = true;
construct_nav_option($vbphrase['style_manager'], 'template.php?do=modify', '<br />');
construct_nav_option($vbphrase['search_in_templates'], 'template.php?do=search', '<br />');
construct_nav_option($vbphrase['replacement_variable_manager'], 'replacement.php?do=modify', '<br />');
construct_nav_option($vbphrase['download_upload_styles'], 'template.php?do=files', '<br />');
construct_nav_option($vbphrase['find_updated_templates'], 'template.php?do=findupdates', '<br />');
construct_nav_group("$vbphrase[styles] &amp; $vbphrase[templates]", '<hr />');
}

this hack had to be inserted like this:

// ***
// === GAB ===
$printhr = true;
$printhr = false;
// === GAB ===

its prolly a minor thing, but someone not paying attention could prolly fuxor their board up cuz they might have your hacks and installed and then just overwrite the printhead code or something...who knows. thats prolly why the installer wasnt altering the index.php file auto for me because it couldnt find the text you specified because its already altered for another hack youve released.

maybe can change the location of this hacks admincp area?

The Geek
08-25-2005, 08:08 PM
yea, the installer has the extra 'items' link in it for vb3.08 installs. Ill remove that for next package update.

As to the mention of the 'cant find' error... thats why it makes a backup before preceeding ;)
I think that it cant find the text because an early version of GAL changed the formatting of it.
Its pretty minor and ill make sure to get it sorted for nexxt package.

Cheers man!