PDA

View Full Version : How do I Center and Place on FORUMHOME

TheAllusionist
05-25-2008, 01:43 AM
There is probably a much better way to do this, what I am trying to do is place GAB banners centered under Navbar (actually under gallery block) on my forum home. I can do this but I can either get it centered in Firefox and not in IE or centered in IE and not Firefox. It would be nice to have it centered in both.

Centered in IE:

<!-- START OF SPONSOR BANNER TABLE -->
<table width="100%" align="center">
<tr>
<td>$GAB_ads[1]</td>
</tr>
</table>
<!-- END OF SPONSOR BANNER TABLE -->

Centered in Firefox:

<!-- START OF GAB BANNER TABLE -->
<center>
<table width="100%" align="center" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tr>
<center>
$GAB_ads[1]
</center>
</tr>
</center>
<!-- END OF GAB BANNER TABLE -->

I am wondering of any of you with more knowledge may have a centering syntax that works in both?

I may as well ask another question while I am at it. In Photopost vBgallery the header banner shows on the gallery index page but not in the individual gallery catagory pages, any ideas on that?

Morgan
05-27-2008, 12:49 AM
Untested, but try the following:

<table width="100%" align="center" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tr>
<td align="center">
$GAB_ads[1]
</td>
</tr>
</table>

As for vBGallery, not sure as I don't use vBGallery, but it might be scope. If there is a function that creates the individual gallery category pages, try adding the following near the beginning of the function:

global $GAB_ads;

TheAllusionist
05-27-2008, 12:58 AM
Thanks, it appears that the "<td align="center"> is the key in that with some help from someone at vBulletin.org we worked out earlier that:

<div style="text-align: center;">
$GAB_ads[1]
</div>

Does the trick and it is centered in both Firefox and IE, so I imagine yours would work as well.

I will look around for the function, it use to be that there was a "Globals" input box in vBgallery that you entered the tags into, but seems to have disappered once PhotoPost took possesion. I will dig deeper. Thank you for your help on this, I really hate dealing with the multiple browsers and their little quirks!