PDA

View Full Version : GAB Features

brihan
05-23-2008, 09:51 PM
Hi, I've been searching the site but I'm not sure I'm finding the answers to my questions.

Will GAB allow me to sell category "A" to one certain sponsor, Category "B" to another sponsor, Category "C" to another sponsor etc. Will it show just the one specific sponsor for a specific category?

In categories that I have not sold sponsorship in can I rotate multiple ads through there?

Does that make sense?

Thank you for your help and information.

This will be installed on VB 3.7

Brian

Morgan
05-24-2008, 11:03 AM
Not sure what you mean by categories, but nope, GAB has nothing in it where you can sell ad space. All ads are put into GAB via the ACP by an admin of the forum.

brihan
05-27-2008, 05:59 PM
Hi Morgan,

Thank you for your quick reply and I hope you had a great weekend.

I don't think I explained my question very well in my original post so let me try again.

When I said "Categories" what I really meant was "Forums".

So my questions are.....

1) Will GAB allow me to display only "Paul's Plumbing Banner" in the Plumbing Forum and only "Ed's Electrical Banner" in the Electrical Forum and only "Fred's Fireplace Banner" in the Fireplace Forum... etc.?

Currently I have an banner ad program for my forums but it will not allow me to specify what ad(s) I want in each forum. It only rotates all banners in all forums. No individual placement/control.

2) If the answer to question #1 is "Yes" then in a Forum like "General Chit Chat" can I rotate many different banner ads?

Thank you. I'm looking forward to the answers I want to hear ;) so I can purchase GAB.

Take care,

Brian

Morgan
05-28-2008, 04:01 PM
GAB does have placement control in that if you want to, for example, show banner X below the navbar in forum X you can do that. GAB is good for ads in non-repeating locations like the top, bottom, or side column of a page, but GAB is not good for repeating locations such as happens with the forumbit. For rotating banners, only images can be rotated. If you have 'Adverts?' set to 'Yup' in your profile (http://www.thevbgeek.com/profile.php?do=editprofile) and refresh this (http://www.thevbgeek.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28) page until you see the GARS ad, wait a few seconds and it'll flip to a GAL ad.