PDA

View Full Version : how can I unsubscribe all members?

rrr
05-23-2008, 06:07 PM
I just did a fresh install of GAZ 2.0 and the first newsletter it generated, has all the members of my site subscribed to it.

I want just the opposite.

I want nobody subscribed to the newsletter (to prevent spam complaints).

I want to only allow members to subscribe themselves to the newsletter.

I don't see anywhere where I can unsubscribe people from the newsletter en masse.

I also can't access the newsletter.php page on my site as the admin even though I have checked that the admin is allowed to subscribe to the newsletter.

henrikhansen
05-23-2008, 06:35 PM
In GAZ admincp => Subscriptions there is a section called "Newsletter subscriptions" where (it seems so) you can subscribe /unsubscribe users from the usergroups selected above.

Morgan
05-23-2008, 07:09 PM
^^ and for newsletter.php access check this (http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=4254) thread.

rrr
05-23-2008, 07:10 PM
In GAZ admincp => Subscriptions there is a section called "Newsletter subscriptions" where (it seems so) you can subscribe /unsubscribe users from the usergroups selected above.
I have 40,000+ users that were automatically "subscribed", so going through the pages and pages of checkboxes to manually unsubscribe them all doesn't sound like an appealing option :)

I thought it would default to making all members "unsubscribed", but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I'm hoping that there's a way to mass unsubscribe them all so they can decide on their own if they want to join the newsletter (and decide which one they want to subscribe to)

henrikhansen
05-23-2008, 07:16 PM
If you can choose several usergroups and even all usergroups, is that not mass unsubscribe?

Morgan
05-23-2008, 07:33 PM
Or do it by query:

# add your vB table prefix to the table name if you used one
UPDATE gaz_subscriptions SET newsletter1 = 0;

rrr
05-23-2008, 08:14 PM
If you can choose several usergroups and even all usergroups, is that not mass unsubscribe?
If I chose all usergroups on the subscriptions manager page and then click "find", I get one page (of 452) of users I can unsubscribe. Then I'd have to go to the next page of 452, and then the next.

If I could choose all usergroups and pick a newsletter and click an "unsubscribe" button, then that would mass unsubscribe them all.

rrr
05-24-2008, 04:04 PM
Or do it by query:

# add your vB table prefix to the table name if you used one
UPDATE gaz_subscriptions SET newsletter1 = 0;

where exactly would I put that query?

rrr
05-25-2008, 07:38 PM
I ran the query in Maintenance > Execute SQL Query and it worked perfectly. Thanks!