PDA

View Full Version : I needz Geekmart

Riki
05-15-2008, 08:13 PM
Is there no way to get geekmart? Could I buy it off someone perhaps? If anyone is willing to sell theirs (working with VB7) I would be interested.

I hope this doesn't break all the rules at once, I am just looking at options.

Thanks guys,
Riki

Morgan
05-16-2008, 04:51 AM
The GMart code is not yet ready, but when it is ready, GMart again be available.

Riki
05-18-2008, 01:08 AM
Ahh ok, thanks.

One question I have about the cart itself if you dont mind.

Currently I use the built in vbulletin paid subscription to allow people to buy downloadable products and all that I really use is the built in paypal IPN that automatically changes their sub usergroup so they can access certain download sections. Of course they need to be a registered member in order to do this and all that, but one pain is they have to buy each product separately.

I am wondering if geekmart can utilize the same methods that vbulletin offers but also allows the cart functionality to be able to buy several subscriptions at once and even combine shipping charges if they happed to opt for a download+shipped product.
Perhaps geekmart has its own way of handling download and physical items?

I really appreciate your time and answers,
Riki

Morgan
05-19-2008, 05:25 PM
GeekMart has its own handling and allows multiple purchases at once.

Riki
05-19-2008, 05:45 PM
ok great, but could you confirm and elaborate on if/how it handles downloadable products?

Thanks again
Riki

Morgan
05-19-2008, 07:37 PM
GM lets you add secondary usergroups, so you can control who downloads what using secondary usergroups to allow access to a specific forum into which you have posted a thread with the download. GLIC that you see here (http://www.thevbgeek.com/glic.php) is not a part of GM. GLIC was never included with GM; they are two separate systems that optionally link together. There are no plans to release GLIC at this time.

Riki
05-20-2008, 01:26 AM
Thanks for answering all of my questions. Glic sounds really intriguing, but GM is something I am really really interested in. I cant wait for this release!

Riki