PDA

View Full Version : Installation problem: GAB 2.0.2 and VB 3.6.8

quickdraw
04-30-2008, 08:12 AM
I just bought GAB 2.0.2 for installation on VB 3.6.8. I'm following the instructions in the readme.html file, but have run into a problem.

Here's what I've done so far...

* I've copied the folders to my server.

* I've imported the product-gab.xml file, via the ACP.

* I've chmod'ed the /geek/gab/images directory to 777.

* I can see GAB config settings in the ACP under: "Plugins & Products -> Manage Products" as well as under "Plugins & Products -> Plugin Manager."

However, I'm unable to take the following step as instructed in the readme file:

"After a fresh installation, make sure you save your MASTER script (AdminCP -> GAB Manager -> Scripts -> MASTER -> Save)".

As far as I can see, there is no AdminCP -> GAB Manager menu option. I'm assuming that the GAB Manager menu should be visible on the left sidebar when I'm logged in to the AdminCP?

Is this correct, or what am I overlooking? Once I figure out where the "AdminCP -> GAB Manager..." menu is, I can proceed to configure the settings.

Any help would be appreciated.

~ Quickdraw

Morgan
04-30-2008, 02:22 PM
Go to the ACP -> Usergroups -> Administrator Permissions -> Edit Permissions -> Can Administer GAB -> Yes and then afterwards refresh your ACP page, e.g., hit CTRL-F5, and the side menu should show.

quickdraw
04-30-2008, 03:52 PM
That worked. The GAB Manager now shows on the side menu (thanks).

The problem I've run into now is that all the links in the GAB side menu display my forum's home page, rather than any admin screens for configuring any settings.

How to troubleshoot? TIA.

~ Quickdraw

quickdraw
04-30-2008, 04:29 PM
I'm posting this to help others who might make the same mistake in the future...

The problem I've run into now is that all the links in the GAB side menu display my forum's home page, rather than any admin screens for configuring any settings.

The above problem was caused by uploading GAB_admin.php to the wrong folder. I had renamed the admincp folder but uploaded to the original, which still existed.

~ Quickdraw