PDA

View Full Version : some unreliability - some links not appearing

MOG
04-07-2008, 03:05 PM
Hi folks,

interesting problem... Ive setup about 15 links today, and have followed the same procedure with each - Im not using popups nor am I using previews...

so far two of the entries I have created just dont work, and I cant figure out why at all - is there some kind of checklist I should go through, or just delete them and retry them?

I realise that this is kind of vague, sorry its tough to be more specific when its working most of the time and I cant see whats different on the ones that dont work :(

MOG
04-07-2008, 03:29 PM
Hi folks,

interesting problem... Ive setup about 15 links today, and have followed the same procedure with each - Im not using popups nor am I using previews...

so far two of the entries I have created just dont work, and I cant figure out why at all - is there some kind of checklist I should go through, or just delete them and retry them?

I realise that this is kind of vague, sorry its tough to be more specific when its working most of the time and I cant see whats different on the ones that dont work :(

it would appear that the affected entries are ones where there is a small (ie. 3 digit or less) word....

for instance the term AB WORD does NOT work, but the term ABWORD DOES work....

I guess that there may be a limit to the minimum number of letters in an autolink word to trigger the replacement/instertion? If so, how can I change this?

Morgan
04-07-2008, 05:49 PM
GAB, GAZ, and GAL are currently keywords on this site, so three-letter words should be okay. If 'AB WORD' and 'AB' or 'WORD' are keywords, use Ordinal so that 'AB WORD' has a lower ordinal that either 'AB' or 'WORD' ordinals, making the longer keyword parse before the shorter ones.

MOG
04-08-2008, 01:35 PM
I will play about on this and let you know the results!