PDA

View Full Version : Gal Installed but invisable in Admin CP

.Joel
03-15-2008, 02:22 PM
Well that was quick, and not quite successful.

Gal installed fine, however did not appear on the left hand side of the Admin CP. So I logged in with a 2nd browser just to make sure it wasn't a cache problem, and it isn't. Unfortunately it doesn't appear in the side menu.

Regards,

.Joel

.Joel
03-15-2008, 02:26 PM
Sorry for the tripple post ;)

Manually browsing to the locations of the files such as /forum/administrator/admincp/gal_admin.php works fine. Just fails to install it into the sidebar.

So far all seems good. Any pointers on how to get this to display in the sidebar ?

Regards,

.Joel

.Joel
03-15-2008, 02:32 PM
Hi All,

Install GAL onto VB 3.7 Beta 6 as we are preparing for our site update in a couple of months. Install went fine, however it does not appear in the sidebar of the Admin CP.

I used two browsers to check this and it isn't a cache problem, it is physically not there.

Everything else seems ok, i can manually browse to things like gal_admin.php or to see the categories gal_admin.php?do=cats. Any ideas how to get it to appear in the sidebar so I can do some further proper testing on 3.7 with it ?

Any quick work-arounds for now are appreciated.

Regards,

.Joel

Morgan
03-15-2008, 02:42 PM
Check that you FTPed the cpnav_gal.xml file into the /forum/includes/xml directory and then give your ACP a hard refresh, i.e., hit Ctrl-F5.

.Joel
03-15-2008, 02:50 PM
Morgan, thank you very much. Seems i overlooked the includes directory completely including the cron file.

All seems ok now. I'll test it over the next few days and let you know the results.

Thank you once again.

Regards,

.Joel