PDA

View Full Version : What am i doing wrong?? Can't see the banners!!

ukfg
03-14-2008, 07:45 PM
I have installed GAB and its showing in my Admin CP fine...but thats the end of it really!! Nothing happens

I have checked the vB default skin to see if its a conflict with my skin, bt the banners dont show on there either

I only have a couple of hours to spend on my site per day so dont want to be wasting all my time on this, so its been sat not having anything done with it for weeks..its about time i got to the bottom of it!

Morgan
03-14-2008, 07:59 PM
Sorry but "installed it and nothing happens" is not enough for me to go on. However, GAB comes with a fairly extensive readme file, and that file has a troubleshooting section in it that lists all of the troubleshooting issues I could think of when I wrote it.

ukfg
03-14-2008, 09:06 PM
i dont really know the terms!!

I have added a banner, changed the settings, set the location of the image, set the URL and then thats it...i cannot see the banner on the forum!

Morgan
03-14-2008, 09:12 PM
There's more to getting GAB going than adding a banner. There needs to be a 'billboard' and 'scripts' matter. This is all explained in the readme file, though if you have any specific issues, please give as much detail as you can, and I'll try to help you. :)

ukfg
03-14-2008, 09:15 PM
i thought i had done that also, obviously something is not right, will have another read!