PDA

View Full Version : Nothing is working... :(

aspkin
02-09-2008, 08:44 AM
I installed like it said, I have the side menu and I'm working on adding new links, but nothing is showing in the forum.

I used an older version before with little problem, then I updated to some other version and it seemed to only work for a few keywords, then I just paid for this version and nothing is working... I'm so frustrated :(

The only problem I can see that may cause problem is I'm running version 3.6.4 and I renamed my admincp to admin2 for VBSEO.

Could this be the problem?

my site url is aspkin.com/forums

I just purchaged about 30 minutes ago, :(

Morgan
02-09-2008, 08:52 AM
Go to the ACP -> Geek Auto-Linker -> Categories, and for each category, make sure all 'Forums' are checked and all 'Usergroups exempt from category' are unchecked.

Go to the ACP -> Geek Auto-Linker -> Categories, and for each dictionary, make sure all 'Usergroups that can view entries' are checked.

Go to the ACP -> Geek Auto-Linker -> Permissions, and for each usergroup and each dictionary, set the permissions as you prefer.

Go to the ACP -> Geek Auto-Linker -> Display, and for each keyword, make sure all 'Auto-link' are checked and the status is active.

Go to the ACP -> Geek Auto-Linker -> Maintenance, and run the two 'Cache' options.

aspkin
02-09-2008, 09:10 AM
Perfect!

Thanks so much!

Just to note, you should probably add these details into the 'Read Me' file. I think it could help to get people started. Either that or I'm just retarded. Lol

Thanks again,

Birdman
02-10-2008, 07:07 AM
I think that just helped my issue as well!

Also, users who can create? Does that mean actually set up links or user that when they enter a keyword the auto-link will occur?

Morgan
02-11-2008, 05:41 PM
It means the former; the latter happens for keywords automatically.

toxic
03-02-2008, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the info, though this would have been better placed in the readme file in the archive.