PDA

View Full Version : Few Questions

Birdman
02-09-2008, 05:05 AM
#1 - I entered 2 listings and they worked once, but after I reload the page they are regular words, how do I get them to stay?

#2 - What does the ordinal entry in add new do? (How do I use it?)

#3 - What does the ignore threadid entry do? (How do I use it?)

I did search before asking, thanks in advance.

Morgan
02-09-2008, 06:41 AM
1: Are you using the 'Standard' regular expression? Try running the two 'cache' options under the GAL ACP maintenance section.

2: It is used for nested keywords and display order. Order is determined by category/keyword so category order 1 is before category order 2, and keywords in category order 1 come before keywords in category order 2, where keyword order 1 comes before keyword order 2 within each category. To use it, enter a number.

3: For the entered threadid, if any, those keywords will not display as linked keywords in that thread. To use it, enter a threadid number.

Birdman
02-10-2008, 05:50 AM
1: Are you using the 'Standard' regular expression? Try running the two 'cache' options under the GAL ACP maintenance section.

I am running the standard expression as it was installed.

I ran both of those, but they did not change anything.

Tried again. I make a post and the GAL works, I refresh the page and it is gone.

Morgan
02-11-2008, 04:38 PM
Check the following items and then try another post...

Go to the ACP -> Geek Auto-Linker -> Categories, and for each category, make sure all 'Forums' are checked and all 'Usergroups exempt from category' are unchecked.

Go to the ACP -> Geek Auto-Linker -> Categories, and for each dictionary, make sure all 'Usergroups that can view entries' are checked.

Go to the ACP -> Geek Auto-Linker -> Permissions, and for each usergroup and each dictionary, set the permissions as you prefer.

Go to the ACP -> Geek Auto-Linker -> Display, and for each keyword, make sure all 'Auto-link' are checked and the status is active.

Go to the ACP -> Geek Auto-Linker -> Maintenance, and run the two 'Cache' options.