PDA

View Full Version : Enter New - display error

Cliff
02-09-2008, 02:35 AM
I have GAL installed on two forums, my live site (3.6.8) and my test site (3.7).

I uploaded the same exact files, and configured it the same, but on the live site the area for entering a new glossary item is not formatted correctly.

I have deleted it entirely from the live site and re-uploaded it twice to no avail.

Any suggestions?

http://www.bloodbanktalk.com/gal.gif

Morgan
02-09-2008, 03:53 AM
Revert the gal_gdic_editor template if changed, and re-import the product-gal.xml file via the ACP (do NOT uninstall, do allow overwrite).

Cliff
02-09-2008, 03:42 PM
Thanks Morgan, but that didn't work.

Here is the comment listed for gal_gdic_editor - no edits were made to any of the gal templates.

gal_gdic_editor:

This template has not been customized in this style or any of its parent styles.

Double-click the template name or click the 'Customize' button to add a customized version of this template to the current style and its child sets.

Last edited August 7 2005 at 05:08 by The vB Geek

I imported the product again and selected overwrite - but it still looks the same.

It's pretty weird because even though the test site is 3.7, I try to keep everything else the same - even the template.

Morgan
02-09-2008, 05:34 PM
When you view the list of products you have installed via the ACP, what version number shows for GAL? The gal_gdic_editor template should have the following near the end of the template:

</table>
<div align="center" style="margin-top:$stylevar[cellpadding]px">
<input type="submit" class="button" name="sbutton" id="{$editorid}_save" value="$vbphrase[submit_new_thread]" accesskey="s" tabindex="1" />
<input type="submit" class="button" name="preview" value="$vbphrase[preview_post]" accesskey="p" tabindex="1" />
</div>
</div>
</div>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

Is that what you see when you view the template via the ACP?

Cliff
02-09-2008, 05:58 PM
Geek Auto-Linker 6.0.5 Automatic linker and dictionary

Here is what I have:

</table>
<div align="center" style="margin-top:$stylevar[cellpadding]px">
<input type="submit" class="button" name="sbutton" id="{$editorid}_save" value="$vbphrase[submit_new_thread]" accesskey="s" tabindex="1" />
<input type="submit" class="button" name="preview" value="$vbphrase[preview_post]" accesskey="p" tabindex="1" />
</div>
</div>
</div>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
<input type="hidden" name="s" value="$session[sessionhash]" />
<input type="hidden" name="id" value="$id" />
<input type="hidden" name="do" value="postnew" />
<input type="hidden" name="posthash" value="$posthash" />
<input type="hidden" name="poststarttime" value="$poststarttime" />
<input type="hidden" name="loggedinuser" value="$bbuserinfo[userid]" />
</form>

Morgan
02-09-2008, 08:20 PM
Grab the GAL package again, revert the gal_gdic_editor template if changed, and re-import the v.6.0.6 product-gal.xml file via the ACP (do NOT uninstall, do allow overwrite). That should fix it and make that template more consistent across browsers.

Cliff
02-09-2008, 08:26 PM
Great job, and thank you for the terrific service! It displays correctly now.