PDA

View Full Version : problems with version 6.0.1

beduino
01-22-2008, 05:37 PM
Ok
I update to last version and autolink works one time.
But ... after this nothing work - the autolinks don't show anymore.

Other question: in portuguese we have some special charaacters like ú, ç etc.
Gals simply don't save this - Saúde turns Sade etc. I need input using html code?

One more: I will use GARS and GAL in same site, and read

If you wish to use GARS and GAL together, you will need to grab the GARS package and FTP the /geek/gars/includes/gars_class_edit.php file.

What i need to do?

All the best
Joao Barroca
aka beduino

beduino
01-22-2008, 05:41 PM
here too!
i post my topic and now all gars links disappear! using ie7 ... or the problem have other cause???

Morgan
01-22-2008, 09:07 PM
Try this (http://www.thevbgeek.com/showpost.php?p=22611&postcount=6) for the JavaScript, I'm working on the special character issue, and if you post using Ajax Quick reply, please read the below:

On full replies GAL can auto-link right as soon as you post, as that is a full page request, but with Ajax Quick Reply, it is a partial page request, so while GAL knows whether something needs to be auto-linked, the actual link doesn't show until the next time around.

gldtn
01-22-2008, 09:39 PM
Autolink works fines here on my end using FF. I also have the same problem as my friend beduino since I use the portuguese language as well ;) If I'm not mistaken, I think Geek was working on something for special characters.

beduino
01-23-2008, 12:04 AM
Hello Morgan,

1. I made the js change and nothing happens;
2. In fact the trouble is worst. Nothing works. Autolink, popup ... and I don't use [still] in GARS. I can't create a set of keywords with ~ ´ ^ ç ... [you will see below]
3. I make some sreenshots to show my setup and you see the problem...
4. I open the forum and you can see here (http://www.saudebr.net/forums/noticias-saudebr-em-destaque/20449-ans-amplia-o-rol-de-procedimentos-e-eventos-em-saude.html)

I open my site without GAL- is installed but don't works ...

All the best
Joao Barroca
aka beduino

ps. * gltdn: it works with you?
ps. in time ... vbadvanced is in root and vBulletin is in /forums/
And I use vbseo

Morgan
01-23-2008, 03:29 AM
Saúde now auto-links. "Usergroups exempt from category" means those usergroups will not see auto-links.

Give the following a whirl...

Grab the GAL package again and FTP the following files:

/forum/geek/gal/includes/gal_class_core.php
/forum/geek/gal/includes/gal_class_dictionary.php
/forum/geek/gal/includes/gal_class_vb_db.php
/forum/geek/gal/clientscript/gal.js
/forum/admincp/gal_admin.php

Re-import the product-gal.xml file (do NOT uninstall, do allow overwrite)

Via the GAL ACP maintenance section, Rebuild RegExp Cache

Clear your browser's cache

Add/edit your keywords

If you wish to use GARS and GAL together, you will need to grab the GARS package and FTP the /geek/gars/includes/gars_class_edit.php file.

That means to grab the GARS package and FTP the gars_class_edit.php file into the /geek/gars/includes directory.

beduino
01-23-2008, 10:50 AM
Well
I'm trying hardly :)
One question - I can use as 'keywords' - Ministério da Saúde [?]
how can i setup this [ok it is not a keyword ...]
If I use [example, vBulletin] one word ok, but this [ Ministério da Saúde ] the auto links don't appears.

Other question [using ie7] the box [pop up] only appears one time - and the browser point 'error in page' [expect object] - you see better clicking here: http://www.saudebr.net/forums/funcionamento/21395-area-de-artigos-aberta-e-turbinada.html

Tks for your patient

Joao Barroca

Morgan
01-23-2008, 04:10 PM
Ministério da Saúde should link, just enter that phrase as the keyword, no comma. If you want both Saúde and Ministério da Saúde to link, you need to set ordinals so the order is as follows:

Order is determined by category/keyword so category order 1 is before category order 2, and keywords in category order 1 come before keywords in category order 2, where keyword order 1 comes before keyword order 2 within each category.

For the JavaScript, do the edit listed here (http://www.thevbgeek.com/showpost.php?p=22611&postcount=6).