PDA

View Full Version : Double Linking

cellarius
01-22-2008, 06:04 AM
Hi Morgan,

it's me again :o

Sorry to bother you so much, but I have another issue - tho probably this time its just me who's not gettitng it done...

As you surely remember from your visit to my board yesterday I have a bunch of Hotel names autolinked in my forum. Those are set up in a category named "Hotels". Example: In there I have a gal for a "Hotel Selene", which I want to autolink the two combinations "Hotel Selene" and "Selene". So I set up the keywords "Hotel Selene,Selene". This works fine so far: Both autolinks work just fine - as long as I do not activate the following:

Now, I have anoter category with more general stuff (not individual hotels). In this category I have a gal autolinking every occurance of "Hotel" in my forum. Of course, I do not want to have the occurance of "Hotel" in "Hotel Selene" autolinked by this general gal, but by the individual one. What really happens: The word "Hotel" is autolinked by the general gal, the word Selene by the individual one.

I do know that this is what ordinals are for: I had them set up just the same with version 4.8.1 and there everything worked fine, the general gal ignored the Hotel in "Hotel Selene". I played around a little with the ordinals (every possible combination in category and gal settings), but to no avail. At the moment, settings are as follows:

Category: Hotels [ordinal 5]; gal: Hotel Selene [ordinal 5]
Category: Sonstiges [ordinal 1]; gal: Hotel [ordinal 1]

result: http://www.roma-antiqua.de/forum/rom_32/hotel_selene-434/

You still have admin-access to my board ;)

Morgan
01-22-2008, 09:08 PM
FYI, still working on it...

cellarius
01-22-2008, 09:23 PM
Good to hear. I'll be patient :)

Morgan
01-23-2008, 03:17 AM
Order is now determined by category/keyword so category order 1 is before category order 2, and keywords in category order 1 come before keywords in category order 2, where keyword order 1 comes before keyword order 2 within each category.

Grab the GAL package again and FTP the following files:

/forum/geek/gal/includes/gal_class_core.php
/forum/geek/gal/includes/gal_class_dictionary.php
/forum/geek/gal/includes/gal_class_vb_db.php
/forum/geek/gal/clientscript/gal.js
/forum/admincp/gal_admin.php

Re-import the product-gal.xml file (do NOT uninstall, do allow overwrite)

Via the GAL ACP maintenance section, Rebuild RegExp Cache

Clear your browser's cache

cellarius
01-23-2008, 06:15 AM
Thank you - that did the trick ;)