PDA

View Full Version : GAL Style Revisions

Dr. Bantham
01-22-2008, 12:36 AM
Many thanks for the quick release of GAL 6.0!

It appears to be working very well, and I look forward to the new features. I do have a question relative to style compatibility. I have several styles integrated into my site and realize that I can modify the CSS for the GAL links themselves. Changing the graphics to complement styles should be easy enough, also.

However, the white background is not compatible with many of the styles that feature dark backgrounds, as the light text is illegible:
http://www.ligotti.net/showthread.php?t=1096
Where can I independently modify the CSS or other settings for each style relative to the background element color?

Morgan
01-22-2008, 01:03 AM
The gal_content_popup_rounded template can be edited for each style, and if you add that red bit, the text will be black in the pop-up:

<td style="background: #FFFFFF; color: #000000;" align="$stylevar[left]"><div class="smallfont">$gal[content]</div></td>

If you don't want to edit the GAL templates, and have not edited the GAL templates, grab the GAL package again and re-import the product-gal.xml file (do NOT uninstall, do allow overwrite) and it'll update the templates with this change for you. Any edited templates will not change.