PDA

View Full Version : Confused about frequency.

ericguttormson
07-12-2007, 11:46 PM
OK, I have read some explanations about frequency but I am still confused.

I installed my GAZ yesterday, created my first issue and sent it out. I setup my newsletter to be sent out weekly starting NEXT Monday (the 16th of July).

Yet today.... it's sending out issue #2. :confused:

What did I do wrong?

ericguttormson
07-13-2007, 03:40 AM
Should I change all my cron scheduled GAZ tasks to only run once a week?

The Geek
07-13-2007, 12:45 PM
The cron times should be left standard. It may have generated the snapshot before you saved the next issue date. I would suggest setting the issue to be inactive oupon gneration and watch when it gets generated. Once you are satisified with it, set the issue to be active and it will get sent out.

HTHs!

ericguttormson
07-13-2007, 04:33 PM
The cron times should be left standard. It may have generated the snapshot before you saved the next issue date. I would suggest setting the issue to be inactive oupon gneration and watch when it gets generated. Once you are satisified with it, set the issue to be active and it will get sent out.

HTHs!Off hand, do you know the default cron settings for the three GAZ scheduled tasks?

The Geek
07-13-2007, 07:05 PM
Not off hand, just check the scheduled taks menu :)

ericguttormson
07-13-2007, 07:38 PM
Not off hand, just check the scheduled taks menu :)I know where to edit them.... I just want to set them all back the original settings so I can do as you told me in this thread.

Out of desperation I changed them all to run on Monday night. I didn't want to accidentally send out another issue today.

The Geek
07-13-2007, 08:14 PM
The send queue: 50 min
Issue generator: 1 hour 10 min
Issue tracking: 3 hour, 10 min

HTHs!