PDA

View Full Version : GeekMart Beta 6 Release Discussion

The Geek
07-10-2007, 09:38 PM
I am pleased to announce that everyone can quite PMing me to request purchases of GeekMart :)

After I pulled it from the helves late last year because my plate over runneth with projects, Mythotical (http://www.thevbgeek.com/member.php?u=370) came on board to help with support and re-tweaking of some of the code. Together we have made some solid strides to bring you Beta 6.

However, please note that my plate still runneth over (hence the reason Mythotical (http://www.thevbgeek.com/member.php?u=370) is helping out with this project). My focus is primarily on GAL 6 now. GM is still beta, will still contain bugs, still does not support any other payment handlers aside from Paypal and it does NOT come with glic (the license manager I use here!). If you are still keen on getting it, its available and support will be given as I can, but note the Myth will be the primary support man on this until after GAL, GAB and GARS each get some lovin.

Please do not use this thread to report problems. If it is a bug or a feature request post it in the GeekMart section of Project Tools (http://www.thevbgeek.com/project.php?projectid=5)or start a new thread to troubleshoot.

nJoy

Mythotical
07-10-2007, 10:06 PM
Thank you Geek

I will strive to try and work on features that have been posted pre-Beta 6.0. Keep in mind that by feature requests being accepted in no way means they will be implemented, Accepted just means they have been accepted and I am looking into adding that feature.

I will remain the support lead of GMart while Geek concentrates on GAL, GAB and GARS. I encourage everyone who waited so patiently to purchase GMart and give it a go around.

Thank you all and enjoy the new GMart.

allan
07-10-2007, 10:38 PM
Hello :)

The Glic is not include ?

if no, do you have a demo to Geekmart ?

quiklink
07-10-2007, 10:42 PM
Thanks, just got it and going to play with it now!

Mythotical
07-10-2007, 11:42 PM
allan, at the top click Navigation to get the drop down then click Purchase/License Renewal, that is the same GeekMart as what is available for purchase.

Tigratrus
07-11-2007, 04:24 AM
YAY!

::grumble grumble::
Wouldn't let me *post* one word!
::grumble grumble::
:D

The Geek
07-11-2007, 07:28 AM
This is why I have stressed this... GLIC was NEVER included with GM, they are 2 seperate systems that optionally link together. I may eventually release glic but there is still some work that needs to be done on it.

nymyth
07-11-2007, 05:25 PM
w00t.....oh yeah!

The Geek
07-11-2007, 06:07 PM
FYI: I have uploaded a new package with various fixes to Beta 6.

Specifically:

Upgrading price structures automatically (http://www.thevbgeek.com/project.php?issueid=85)
Base postage saving incorrectly (http://www.thevbgeek.com/project.php?issueid=87)
array_key_exists() errors (http://www.thevbgeek.com/project.php?issueid=84)
Read More link appearing even if there isn't more to read! (http://www.thevbgeek.com/project.php?issueid=34)
I even made time to add a save and reload button to the items (http://www.thevbgeek.com/project.php?issueid=88) :)
The full report of changes (http://www.thevbgeek.com/projectsearch.php?do=viewreport&issuereportid=6)

nJoy

StuntFactoryX
07-12-2007, 01:41 AM
thanks geek and mythotical... i know you have other products and bigger things on your plate and we pushed hard to get you to look at geekmart again. we also wernt the most patient bunch to deal w/. :)

i havent downloaded the bug fixes. were there file changes or everything fixed in the product xml?

The Geek
07-12-2007, 07:12 AM
THere were several file changes and product.xml changes so you need to do a full upgrade.

HTHs

FRAiD
07-16-2007, 03:56 AM
Cool, I plan to upgrade from Beta 4 to Beta 6 soon ;)

Mythotical
07-16-2007, 04:21 AM
Great to hear.

unenergizer
07-18-2007, 06:28 PM
I would purchase GeekMart right now if glic was available for purchase. Is this something we can PM you to buy? ;)

Mythotical
07-19-2007, 01:55 AM
GLIC is still very buggy and therefore we cannot release it to anyone. Sorry but GLIC is really Geek's call.

InTheBox
07-20-2007, 04:13 AM
GLIC is still very buggy and therefore we cannot release it to anyone. Sorry but GLIC is really Geek's call.

I would happily purchase a beta version to help test it, if Geek decides to release in the future. I know he is busy giving tlc to his other mods. Just reiterating the interest in GLIC :-)

unenergizer
07-26-2007, 08:34 PM
I understand that glic and gm are still beta. I own a website where I sell vb skins and I am in dire need of this software. I am willing to pay for the expences of the software. If needed I can customize the software on my own accord. So I wont be needing any support on this software. So if your looking to make some extra spending money for the weekend, or you would like development funds then please let me know via PM.

Regards,
Andrew

Aeolian
07-29-2007, 01:39 PM
Hello there
I was hoping to give the script a test run, so i know what i am purchasing!
Thanks

_Sam_
07-30-2007, 03:41 PM
Hello there
I was hoping to give the script a test run, so i know what i am purchasing!
Thanks

Yes i would like to try it before i buy aswell.

Is there anyway i can get 10day trial?

Mythotical
07-30-2007, 05:38 PM
Sorry but we do not offer trial scripts, if you click above and do purchase you will see that is the same script as you would be purchasing.

_Sam_
07-30-2007, 06:24 PM
Sorry but we do not offer trial scripts, if you click above and do purchase you will see that is the same script as you would be purchasing.

Ok.. does the script support digital downloads? as im trying to find a system that will let people purchase themes (they buy it and can then download it from geekmart) but the file they will download cant be in the public_html folder of my site.. it must be outside that folder.. can Geekmart do this?

Sorry if i havent explained well :D

Mythotical
07-31-2007, 07:20 AM
Instead of having it be a downloadable file on your server, you use GM for purchasing then use the usergroup's to allow access to a specific forum for that product so they can download it and report any problems, etc. Thats how I would do it, but right now GM doesn't store files for downloading.

harley_m
07-18-2008, 12:54 PM
Is GM ever going to get updated?

You guys are so close to having something truly amazing with it, why stop development?

Real pity!

Harley

Riki
07-18-2008, 07:35 PM
Check this thread
http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=3690&page=3
(http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=3690&page=3)
We are hoping the new version gets released very soon!!!

Riki

tazzarkin
10-05-2008, 01:38 PM
what happened with this? just curious...

Morgan
10-06-2008, 04:15 PM
http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=3690&page=5

xXTheOneRavenXx
10-22-2008, 01:51 PM
Good morning all,
I am very new to this site, but have read several topics on VB.org and here on the GeekMart system. Not only I currently run my own Vb based website, but I also own my own home business building customized pc's. I would be very interested in adding this feature to my site except one thing. Does it have a Canadian currency? My business is of course based in Canada.

Morgan
10-23-2008, 03:34 PM
Right now it only does Sterling, Euro, Dollar but maybe other currencies will be added to a later release. The version soon to be released is nearly done so other currencies might need to wait until a later version.

mnm
10-25-2008, 08:30 AM
that's awesome news... i have been waiting for ever for such a thing and held back to get geek mart becuase i know i will be getting quality from you Morgan..

:)

KenDude
10-28-2008, 03:06 AM
Right now it only does Sterling, Euro, Dollar but maybe other currencies will be added to a later release. The version soon to be released is nearly done so other currencies might need to wait until a later version.

Morgan,
Please tell me this is true. Just today I had another member wanting to know where their product was, how come they hadn't received it. Well the reason was that they had a failed order in Geekmart, but Geekmart didn't alert me to this fact it simply put an entry into the database but never generated anything else so I'd know that there was someone expecting to have completed an order successfully. I hope the bugs like this get squashed and that Geekmart will be ready ASAP as it will "hopefully" make my life easier and PLEASE tell me you added AUthorize.net as another payment processor! Please?

Morgan
10-29-2008, 02:50 AM
Bugs, hopefully gone, and authorize.net, probably not this go.

Ohiosweetheart
11-03-2008, 04:55 AM
I'm going to ask the dreaded question.....

Is there any eta on the next release?

Morgan
11-03-2008, 03:57 PM
Sorry, but I don't give ETAs. If I put a date out there, and then miss the deadline because of bugs or whatever reason, people might be disappointed or upset. What I can tell you is that I'll get it done as fast as possible, while trying to be bug free.

KenDude
11-10-2008, 08:02 AM
Is it soup yet? ;)

The holidays are drawing near, any chance we could get a Geekmart present under our tree before Dec 31???

Riki
11-23-2008, 02:11 AM
Could anyone tell me how (If possible) one could make a direct link to add a certain product to the cart? So for example if I have a separate html page and i just want to add one particular item to the cart thus bypassing the mart page and just going straight to the cart. I know it must be possible.

Thanks!

- Riki

KenDude
11-25-2008, 04:28 PM
Just checking in before the busiest shopping day of the holiday season to see if Geekmart is being released yet. Is it still on the roadmap Morgan? Will we see anything this year?

benFF
11-27-2008, 08:49 AM
I'd like to know too - if it's been helved then I need to start looking elsewhere. As Ken said, we're coming up to christmas so need to have a solid solution in place before then!

mnm
12-11-2008, 07:58 PM
this is taking longer than expected, is Geekmart ever going to be done? really frustrating, anyone know of anything else that's similar? i am really tired of waiting for this, its been many months already with nothing.

KenDude
12-12-2008, 02:23 AM
I stopped by today to check as well and now with only 2 weeks before xmas it doesn't look likely, I too am beginnig to wonder if geekmart has been helved for some reason. There are other shopping carts I am looking at paying a developer to integrate one with vbulletin but he's busy until mid January with other projects at the moment.

Riki
12-12-2008, 09:14 PM
Same here, If anyone knows anything else that could work, please let me know. :(
I cant even for the life of me find anyone willing to sell me beta6, no matter what!! Its crazy.

Riki
12-15-2008, 06:44 PM
Morgan, can you assure us that geekmart isnt helved (or will be in the future)?

Morgan
12-16-2008, 03:29 AM
No, it is not helved, but when you start adding in an additional features, such as another payment processor or custom fields, what was once an almost ready product becomes a not so ready product. These additional features are good additions, no doubt, but as impatience grows, one idea would be to strip the additional features out of the code and release a bug fix only version.

Riki
12-16-2008, 11:30 AM
Ahh, that makes since. I love the idea of releasing a bug fix only version, Im sure many others would agree. Thanks for clearing that up.

Keep up the hard work! :)
- Riki

KenDude
12-17-2008, 04:34 AM
Actually I am willing to wait for the new features, especially if that includes the use of Authorize.Net as a payment processor along with all the bug fixes of course!

Morgan, if you need someone to test Authorize.Net I have that all set up in vbulletin for subscriptions and can process credit cards, e-checks and do so on a recurring basis so I'd be a pretty good test subject for you.

showtime
12-29-2008, 05:13 AM
where do i go to get the geekmart beta 6?

showtime
12-30-2008, 04:45 AM
the geekmart would make life a
hell of alot easier for me. i will
be happy with the beta 6.

some one... any one... im desperate!!!

KenDude
02-09-2009, 04:21 AM
No, it is not helved, but when you start adding in an additional features, such as another payment processor or custom fields, what was once an almost ready product becomes a not so ready product. These additional features are good additions, no doubt, but as impatience grows, one idea would be to strip the additional features out of the code and release a bug fix only version.

Morgan,
We are about 2 months out from the last update on Geekmart, any news you can share with us? Any code you'd like me to test? At one point back in August 08 you thought you were a couple of weeks away, but then decided to add some new features and the release date seems to be delayed for some time now. Is there anything we can do to help, any light you can hed on the subject?

Morgan
02-10-2009, 04:29 PM
If things work out as planned, this should be done sometime this month. Again, if things work out as planned.

KenDude
04-14-2009, 02:55 AM
If things work out as planned, this should be done sometime this month. Again, if things work out as planned.

Morgan,
Should I assume that things didn't go as planned? or was Geekmart released and I somehow missed it? :)

Riki
04-14-2009, 03:00 AM
haha, man such torture! I finally gave up and went with ubercart for drupal. VB can hook into drupal and you can have an amazingly powerful shop with everything you could imagine. ;)

mnm
04-25-2009, 03:28 AM
i gave up too, too long of a wait. i went with a shopping cart through joomla, since my site database is hooked joomla/vb so it was a good addition and has many good options.

i just could not wait any longer