PDA

View Full Version : Pre Buy ?

julia44
06-22-2007, 07:21 PM
Will GAB allow to me post banners between x amount of posts or after first post? I use a av management that allows me to do this but I really want to switch if GABS if yours will let me do that.

The Geek
06-22-2007, 07:38 PM
Yes, but it requires you to do the logic and placement. There is a tutorial (http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=2952)that shows you how to do this.

GAB generates your ads into billboards that need to be manually placed in your templates (i.e. you place $GAB_ads[0] in your template where you want it to appear). Once the next version of GAL is out, I will be totally reworking GAB to utilize vb's new template hooks to do this automatically for you.

HTHs

bob973
07-06-2007, 03:22 AM
All of my banners are in the header. There can be anywhere from 1-6 banners per forum. But each forum has its own set of banners that must be in rotation. The rotation should be 'display once per refresh' as opposed to 'display for x seconds and move to next banner'.

Does the current GAB version work this way?

Sure would be nice to have a killer ap banner system, it is what generates the revenue for a lot of us! ;)

The Geek
07-06-2007, 09:33 AM
If I understand you correctly, yes :)