PDA

View Full Version : Public Progress Update

Mythotical
05-20-2007, 11:29 PM
First off let me say that my life has been hectic, I am trying for custody of my son so for the past few months I have been in and out of court. I am not trying to get any hopes up but in that time I did what I could. I just wanted to let everyone know that since I went to court this last time its done for 6 months to a year. Thankfully I can now give more attention to GeekMart. :D

For the next few days I plan to see what I can do with the sandbox feature but paypal has since changed how its accessed and therefore the work I have done thus far has not even made a dent in that feature. :)

In this thread I will let the public know my progress as I think its only right. But in no way is this thread meant to be a tracker till the gold release. I feel the public here should know how things are going and the next step I plan to take.

Also, I ask that if you plan to suggest features, please do not suggest in this thread, write them down for later reference. When the time comes for us to add new features there will be a public thread. ;)

I do however apologize for the lack of time spent here. I never intended for me to be absent so much but court does that. I thank everyone for being patient with me during this time. Now lets see if I can get the sandbox feature worked out.

Cheers
Steve

Mythotical
05-21-2007, 05:33 AM
Update:

Sandbox feature is fixed. Unfortunately I could not fully test it so I have suggested to The Geek 1 more beta release to make sure Sandbox is fully working and can be tested by all those who have purchases GeekMart before hand.

Email notification for vendors is working properly, still working on a slight issue though, nothing major.

Phrasing, I have added every phrase that I found to be missing, I DO NOT ASSUME I have added all missing phrases as there may be a few that I did miss.

That is all for now.

Cheers
Steve

The Geek
05-21-2007, 08:47 AM
Thanks for your help Steve

Bree
05-21-2007, 08:53 AM
First off let me say that my life has been hectic, I am trying for custody of my son so for the past few months I have been in and out of court. I am not trying to get any hopes up but in that time I did what I could. I just wanted to let everyone know that since I went to court this last time its done for 6 months to a year. Thankfully I can now give more attention to GeekMart. :D

Good luck and best wishes with that. I'll not mess up your thread my thoughts... just know my thoughts and prayers are with you!

Always, Bree
(Mommy of two daughters - 6yo and 2yo)

Mythotical
05-21-2007, 05:46 PM
Thanks, I plan to get done asap as I want to see a gold release soon. If everything goes well with Beta 6 and Sandbox then we might be able to go gold.

Mythotical
05-24-2007, 02:40 AM
Ok, last update. ;)

Aside from everything listed above, here is the update.

I have changed the header of the README file as well as edited the information contained within it and added a new section to it.

Tidied a little bit of the code, not alot as I plan to set aside a time after gold release to go through and completely tidy the code.

I am adding a new feature to the admin area, you will be able to View Previous Orders. Now its a small addition but I hope to add a few more features to the admin area if others suggest more.

Unfortunately, me and The Geek have agreed that 1 more Beta release is necessary. We have set a time the if no bugs have been reported on a certain feature then we will go gold.

Now that concludes this final update (;))

Cheers
Steve

technoticmedia
05-24-2007, 04:15 AM
Looking forward to a gold release so I can get it up on my forums!!!

Mythotical
05-24-2007, 05:10 PM
technoticmedia, I can say this, even though one last Beta is being released, you can still install it on a live site. The feature that I am wanting to make sure works does not effect a live site.

Dava02
05-24-2007, 09:55 PM
so does this mean that this product is now available to purchase?

Mythotical
05-25-2007, 02:53 AM
Not yet, once I am finished then I will discuss the option of opening up purchasing again. So give me a few days and I'll let you know what me and Geek come up with decision wise.

technoticmedia
05-25-2007, 02:37 PM
technoticmedia, I can say this, even though one last Beta is being released, you can still install it on a live site. The feature that I am wanting to make sure works does not effect a live site.
I don't actually own a license yet for GM, just GARS. I've been watching this for a while and waiting until I can get one hehe :)

On a side note, does GM let you assign different price levels for each usergroup? If not, I'm going to have to look into using a separate store like cubecart or something. Thanks!

Mythotical
05-26-2007, 05:53 PM
Well let me say this, if you wanna charge someone a trial membership price, they pay that, then they can go back to the store and choose a full membership price. At this time I am unaware of being able to assign different price levels per usergroup. If you will add it to the feature request using the Bug Tracker I will look into getting it added.

Mythotical
05-26-2007, 10:25 PM
Beta 6.0 is finished. I am sending it over to The Geek and lets see what happens from there.

technoticmedia
05-29-2007, 02:33 AM
I will add it to the feature request. The reason I need different price levels is that I need to be able to charge like $20 for a tshirt for everyone, and then $15 for a shirt for members of a paid subscription.

JonnyF
06-13-2007, 08:58 PM
anything new on it ?

Mythotical
06-13-2007, 10:03 PM
I'm slowly getting phrasing done between my job and my family. I am trying to get it done by this weekend but no promises.

allan
06-13-2007, 10:37 PM
We said to me the same thing 15 days ago ^^

Mythotical
06-13-2007, 11:59 PM
Sorry but coding is no longer the life I live. So I do it in my spare time.

FRAiD
06-14-2007, 10:02 PM
Sorry but coding is no longer the life I live. So I do it in my spare time.

But it still might be up this weekend though?

Mythotical
06-15-2007, 01:33 AM
That is a big possibility, if I can get the phrases all done Saturday then its a big possibility that it will be.

Tigratrus
06-15-2007, 02:38 AM
Cool.
::sending positive phrasing energy vibes:: ;-)

Seriously though, I think most of us totally understand what it's like to juggle multiple sets of priorities. Do what you can as you can, no point in burning out, we're just happy that Geekmart is back off the helf and moving forward. ::thumbs up::

Plato: "Never discourage anyone who is making progress, no matter how slow."

James and Susan

Mythotical
06-15-2007, 03:04 AM
Thanks, I appreciate the positive feedback.

titter
06-17-2007, 06:33 AM
Patiently waiting for this :] Coding sucks ... especially when working with code, you are adding to. I have been there ... nothing as extreme as this, but I work more with Flash AS. Can't wait to get this rolling on my site ... I have been in the process of integrating oscommerce ... but I just don't like the backend of that system ... but the options for payment gateways, and sales tax zones are very good.

The only question I have, what other payment gateways are available? I currently use Authorize.net, and process SSL connections straight from my site. Will this be supported? Or is PayPal the only method? For the amount of product I move, PayPal takes a bit to much compared to my merchant account. Not to mention their is no third-party registration required, which I find drives away customers.

Mythotical
06-18-2007, 05:07 AM
I am looking into adding more payment gateways for 1.0 gold release of Geekmart.

Mythotical
06-25-2007, 05:18 AM
Progress Update Time Again:

I have officially reached the half way mark of phrasing the templates. I am aiming to have it done tonight before I go to bed since I don't have to be to work till 3:30 tomorrow afternoon. Look for my last update of the night where I will officially announce my finishing of the phrasing.

Mythotical
06-25-2007, 06:21 AM
Final Progress Update on Beta 6.0:

Phrasing is complete, I finally had time to get it done and 2 hours later and so many templates later, its done. I am forwarding it to The Geek for release.

allan
06-25-2007, 09:11 AM
Good news :)

julia44
06-25-2007, 11:12 AM
yeah this is such awesome news! This means I can get this ugly thing I'm using off my site soon!

Tigratrus
06-27-2007, 04:13 AM
I'm pretty sure we mentioned this one before, but ::shrug:: Can't remember positively atm, too much champaign? Perhaps :p. So just in case, we'd like to mention a payment processor request for consideration:

We'd really like to see Google Checkout if possible... They aren't charging any transation fees until 2008 and offer adwords credit for transactions processed. We have more than a few members who refuse to do any business via paypal, and while google might not be much better in the long run, but at least it's an option and a highly economical one for us :).

James and Susan

Mythotical
06-27-2007, 07:41 AM
Thanks for that suggestion but please oh please post feature requests/suggestions in the tracker, helps me keep track of features/suggestions I have did once I complete them.

allan
06-27-2007, 02:03 PM
But when can i purchase GM ? :(

Mythotical
06-27-2007, 05:03 PM
Soon my friend, soon. Geek is analyzing the rest of GM and tweaking the code a bit.

Tigratrus
06-27-2007, 06:39 PM
Thanks for that suggestion but please oh please post feature requests/suggestions in the tracker, helps me keep track of features/suggestions I have did once I complete them.

Understood and so added, hopefully at least somewhat correctly.

James and Susan

The Geek
06-28-2007, 01:52 PM
Just as an FYI - the reason it isnt out yet is because I have to update glic (the license manager) to properly integrate with some of the changes I made to geekmart. Its coming :)

Mythotical
06-28-2007, 07:23 PM
Oh yeah, lol. In the mean time I will keep working on my other mods till Beta 6.0 is out.

quiklink
07-01-2007, 10:32 PM
Any shot at getting in as a beta tester? I promise not to moan and groan about bugs but instead dutifully report them ;)

I'd set it up as a beta and still keep my current store running, but I'd love to get a shot a working on an integrated solution. We do shipped products, downloads, and registration codes so we could give it a pretty good workout.

EDIT: Willing to pay for it as well

The Geek
07-02-2007, 09:21 AM
The next beta will be available to all current license holders and the product will open back up for purcahasing - but it will still be a beta :)

quiklink
07-02-2007, 06:11 PM
The next beta will be available to all current license holders and the product will open back up for purcahasing - but it will still be a beta :)

Beta is more than fine with me, I'm used to working in that framework. Sorry to be a pest but any word on when it might be available?

DMH
07-02-2007, 09:37 PM
Beta is more than fine with me, I'm used to working in that framework. Sorry to be a pest but any word on when it might be available?

Same question here.:D

Mythotical
07-03-2007, 03:07 AM
ust as an FYI - the reason it isnt out yet is because I have to update glic (the license manager) to properly integrate with some of the changes I made to geekmart. Its coming

As stated, as soon as glic is updated to match GM it will be released. :)

Cheers
Steve

allan
07-03-2007, 07:11 AM
When to download Geekmart please ?

Mythotical
07-03-2007, 07:51 AM
Allan, read my post before yours.

The Geek
07-03-2007, 08:28 AM
Im almost there. I just have to run a variety of final tests and final tweaks to glic to make sure everything works as expected.

JulianD
07-03-2007, 05:05 PM
Im almost there. I just have to run a variety of final tests and final tweaks to glic to make sure everything works as expected.
Can't wait for it to come public again!

Mythotical
07-04-2007, 12:22 AM
Great job Geek, can't wait to see updated version of Glic.

ProGaming
07-04-2007, 07:01 PM
yes I am waiting also.

The Geek
07-04-2007, 07:09 PM
Im in the final testing stages. It would be out tonight but Im not here tomorrow and don't want to run the risk of being away and having an unexcpeted problem with the license manager appear :)

julia44
07-04-2007, 07:50 PM
OHHHHH I'm so excited!

StuntFactoryX
07-07-2007, 05:16 AM
ive been waiting for the gazette email on the release :D

Mythotical
07-07-2007, 05:48 AM
Wrong forum for GAZ.

quiklink
07-07-2007, 06:42 AM
Wrong forum for GAZ.

I think he meant he was waiting to get a Geek Gazette email that announced the release of Geek Mart.

The Geek
07-07-2007, 07:38 AM
sorry guys, I hit some issues with GLIC that require a bit more work to get around. Maybe today will be the day!

StuntFactoryX
07-07-2007, 09:46 AM
sorry geek.. we are trying. the life of a vb software developer has gotta be rough. we have gotta be the most impatiant bunch of people and hardest to please. we are worse than a 5 year old christmas morning. :) i wouldnt want your job.

julia44
07-07-2007, 03:24 PM
sorry geek.. we are trying. the life of a vb software developer has gotta be rough. we have gotta be the most impatiant bunch of people and hardest to please. we are worse than a 5 year old christmas morning. :) i wouldnt want your job.

LOL! I agree with you 100%

Mythotical
07-07-2007, 05:11 PM
I think he meant he was waiting to get a Geek Gazette email that announced the release of Geek Mart.
Ahhhh, my mistake.

sorry guys, I hit some issues with GLIC that require a bit more work to get around. Maybe today will be the day!
Tis good man, impatient people make good testers. ;)

quiklink
07-07-2007, 05:40 PM
Tis good man, impatient people make good testers. ;)

Then I should make an excellent tester! :D

allan
07-08-2007, 08:21 AM
that makes one month that one tells us that it leaves this evening, geekmart will never leave I have impression ..

ProGaming
07-08-2007, 03:52 PM
Such a negative nancy.

They have kept us up to speed with updates. What more can you expect?

It's not like you payed already and are waiting while they hold your funds.

Mythotical
07-08-2007, 05:48 PM
that makes one month that one tells us that it leaves this evening, geekmart will never leave I have impression ..
Now thats what you call impatient. LOL

Allan, we are doing what we can to get GM expedited but without GLIC matching GM then we can't release it just yet.

The Geek
07-08-2007, 08:43 PM
The next beta of GM is ready, I just need to get glic updated to work with it before I release it. Its almost done, but GLIC is a massive beast and its taking a bit longer than expected to get all things tied up. I think I almost have it now, I just need more testing on the changes I have implimented and if all that goes fine, then I need to close the site for wahile to transfer all the old licenses over. This should happen in the next 2 days.

Mythotical
07-09-2007, 01:34 AM
Sweet, thanks Geek.

Mythotical
07-10-2007, 10:03 PM
GeekMart Beta 6.0 is now available for download and purchase, you can view the thread here: GeekMart Beta 6.0 Discussion (http://www.thevbgeek.com/showthread.php?t=3497)

Please keep in mind that I am the lead supporter of GM while Geek concentrates on his other projects.