PDA

View Full Version : New design of thevBgeek.com

convergent
05-19-2007, 05:57 PM
I like the new design... very clean. However, the home page has no way to get to the forum index... I don't see it anywhere on any navigation menu. You have to go through one of the news articles and back door back to the forum index. Also, for some reason it now doesn't remember me so I have to login each time (on the home page that is). I don't use the www. when I come to the site, and I see that once here I end up having it added. That causes a lot of problems with vBadvanced if you don't keep it one way or the other, and has caused me log-in problems.

The Geek
05-19-2007, 09:04 PM
Thanks, Ill look into it!

Bree
05-19-2007, 09:14 PM
Think I just got used to hitting the banner image to get to the forum... I didn't even notice *blush*... and never had a log in issue.

The Geek
05-19-2007, 11:04 PM
are there banners? :D

I really need to get at least a forum link up I suppose :)

Bree
05-20-2007, 01:22 AM
I meant the banner graphic thingy mabobber hehe the one at the top with star that says thevBgeek.com making vBulletin sing... yeah that... generally always goes to forum.

The Geek
05-20-2007, 07:24 AM
ahh.... duh!

Hornstar6969
05-20-2007, 07:39 AM
yeah i always like to look for a link myself as well, its worth putting a link there as well.

Dava02
05-23-2007, 09:57 PM
how come we have gone to the default styles?

The Geek
05-24-2007, 07:40 AM
I got tired of constantly updating templates :D

I also had requests to see the set demos in the default style.

Mythotical
05-24-2007, 05:42 PM
Updating templates does get old. Thats why my custom style for my new site will just be custom images, no altered templates.

Bree
05-24-2007, 06:11 PM
I have 1 style that's actually two LOL They look exactly the same... unless you studied the source code and noticed caps vs lowercase, I don't think there's a way to tell. What happened is I installed the skin I purchased... but when I went to use it for my portal - the file paths were all wrong.. back then I didn't know how to change things too well so I just redid the syle with caps so the file paths for images were correct. Isn't that hilarious?? Use one for the forum and one for the portal... With mods tho I only have to do template changes for one or the other... If I had to do it for more than that I'd probably drive myself nuts.

Always, Bree